Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about this GPS? Seems like it has some cool functions like using it in your vehicle as well as on the water. Are the marine functions worth a damn?

Love to hear some feedback from an owner.

·
Registered
418 Posts
dont know about the unit you are referring to but i work for a compant called Boat/us at a national dispatch center and we use a program called delorme X-map and it is awsome.

Alex

·
I Love microskiff.com!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a review...

http://www.gpsreview.net/delorme-pn-40/
Thanks for sending that to me, Brett PMed me the same review. I've read it online just trying to see if anyone has actually used one. They have a pretty cool function with having the satellite photos built in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a PN-40 and find that it is very good. Was a toss up between the Garmin Colorado and the PN-40 and chose the 40 because it was a better overall unit. I think that the Garmin may have a better map set for marine use but with the ability to not only download all marine Noaa charts but also aerial photos and satellite photos the overall use is better and boy does it connect quickly. My $.02.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a PN-40 and find that it is very good.  Was a toss up between the Garmin Colorado and the PN-40 and chose the 40 because it was a better overall unit.  I think that the Garmin may have a better map set for marine use but with the ability to not only download all marine Noaa  charts but also aerial photos and satellite photos the overall use is better and boy does it connect quickly.  My $.02.
Can you use the PN-40 in your car as well?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts