Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Deland kit boat manufacturer

1091 1
Driving on 92 into Deland yesterday brought back an ancient memory. Do any of you old-timers remember a wooden kit boat company located on 92 east of Deland? I'm going way back...late 50's.
Our neighbor in Winter Park bought a kit,took him over a year to build it. Memory says it was a 19-21 foot lapstrake hull with a v-berth . Was a good looking boat. Powered it with twin 60 Mcculloughs. Fast for it's time ( when they started)! Our job as kids was to keep an eye on the wood soaking in our local pond to bend for lapstrakes.

Anybody as old as me?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Driving on 92 into Deland yesterday brought back an ancient memory. Do any of you old-timers remember a wooden kit boat company located on 92 east of Deland? I'm going way back...late 50's.
Our neighbor in Winter Park bought a kit,took him over a year to build it. Memory says it was a 19-21 foot lapstrake hull with a v-berth . Was a good looking boat. Powered it with twin 60 Mcculloughs. Fast for it's time ( when they started)! Our job as kids was to keep an eye on the wood soaking in our local pond to bend for lapstrakes.

Anybody as old as me?
Found it! Gotta love the internet.
U-Mak-IT was a kit boat mfgr in Deland during the late 50's

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.