Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,317 Posts
She's a temperamental wench, unfortunately. Fingers crossed everyone stays safe.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we are likely to get drilled. In the worst storm surge projected area, 7-11ft. Mandatory evacuation underway so I am out of here and headed to north MS to a friends place. So much for my fishing plans....lol.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well we are likely to get drilled. In the worst storm surge projected area, 7-11ft. Mandatory evacuation underway so I am out of here and headed to north MS to a friends place. So much for my fishing plans....lol.
Stay Safe Steve, holler if you need anything

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the really good news is that the storm kept shifting east to the point where we are on the west edge now so the N wind is minimizing the surge. All things considered we might have dodged a bullet. Yard and storage might likely still flood but no big deal.

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,317 Posts
Orange Beach and Pensacola getting hammered and soaked. 30 inches plus of rain in Pensacola and still pouring. Tornados popping off. Pensacola 3-Mile Bridge over bay damaged and downtown flooded. Bad storm and big mess. All my family members and friends safe though, thank goodness.

Here are a couple shots of Orange Beach.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I am blessed that it shifted so far east as to not even impact us in Bay Saint Louis. Water didn't even get up on my pad and only a few pieces or wood debris floated into the yard. But so sad for my friends to the east. As my son just said, " how does something packing winds of 100 mph only move 1 mph....my brain just doesn't comprehend that."

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,317 Posts
Glad you fared well Steve. The rapid intensification and late jog east fooled a lot of folks. Think the lesson of Michael would have been a wake-up call but guess not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts