Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help determining approx value of our custom 13 ft Whaler skiff. Hull from 65, powered by 89 Evinrude 2 cycle. Front deck storage, fuel cells. Rear deck dry storage, live well. Dual batteries, LED, lighting in all compartments. All work completed with Awlgrip epoxies and closed cell foam composite. I know i'll probably be shunned by the Whaler purists out there, but this is a neat little boat for somebody who likes getting back in the shallows. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 6833 View attachment 6833 View attachment 6834 View attachment 6835 View attachment 6836 View attachment 6838

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'd say somewhere between $4,000 - $6,000.

The motor isn't worth more than a couple hundred bucks, the trailer around $500, and i'd imagine the hull is worth $2,500 - $4,500.

Hope this helps.

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,162 Posts
Man I like what you did with it. I had one many years ago. Mine had a 35 Johnson on it. I used to fish local bass tournaments. It had wood seats and console I think
Wish I had kept it. Yea $4,000 is my guess. Needs a new motor

·
I Love microskiff.com!
750 Posts
Mike,

First let me say it looks like you put a lot of time, money and effort into the boat, so my apologies for sounding negative. Rarely can you come close to recouping a Whaler refit unless you go 100% original.

You are going to have trouble attracting both the flats boat buyer and the guy looking for a classic Whaler, so you may end up having to accept a number well below the mentioned range.

Aside from the previously-mentioned engine issue, for me the high profile console doesn't work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts