Custom jigs

Discussion in 'The Commercial Zone' started by lemaymiami, Jul 24, 2010.

1. lemaymiami

lemaymiami Well-Known Member

As most know I've been fly tying and lure making for quite some time. For years most of my efforts were for the trade, shops, other guides, and the few dedicated anglers that sought me out. I've decided to widen my approach and make top quality lures available to anyone that wants them. I won't be keeping anything in stock, everything will be made to order. Anyone that just wants a few bucktails would probably be better off just going to their favorite shop, but if you know what you want give me a call....

Here's some pics of what I'll be doing...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These are both small orders of 1/4 oz. backcountry jigs, the bottom photo is half of a 100 piece order waiting to be packaged. I'm doing bucktails in 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2oz sizes -head color of your choice, tail any color, with holographic flash and super glued thread. The heads are powder coated and baked for a durable finish, the hooks are extra strong black nickel, and I can add extras like plastic tail holders, etc. Jig prices start at $3.00 each, with a price break at 50 to 99, and a second price break for 100 or more per order... (less than 50 - $3.00.... 50 to 99 - $2.75.... 100 or more $2.50... packaged in plastic sleeves, shipping extra)

More pics...

[​IMG]
    Here's a bunch in my favorite color for Gulp tails, fl. pink...

[​IMG]
    This small order is a dozen of each in 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, and the purple are 1/2 oz, shipped out of state the same day they were completed.
    [​IMG]

These are heads for Gulp or plastic tails and come in the same size range as above.... I also have them plain to be used as "Troll-rites" for fishing live baits. Your choice of colors and sizes all $1.00 each with no price break for quantity, but the same high quality finish and hooks.

Give me a call anytime to work up an order at (954) 435-5666. I'm perfectly comfortable with several anglers combining an order to reach discount levels. If you like what you see don't keep it to yourself, tell your friends.

Thanks.

2. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Two dozen, trout/red/snook size white/red/(your choice). Let me know and I'll pick them up.
    Cheers

3. Taterides

Taterides Well-Known Member

Sweet!! Nice work. Need to give you an order.

4. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

I need some 3/8 white bucks with the flash and some 1/4 oz heads in chartores.

2 Doz heads
    1 doz bucks

Give mine to Jan when he picks his up......Jan I am good for the $$

5. Taterides

Taterides Well-Known Member

Picked some up today!! Thanks!! Took him like forever......16 hours to have them ready. They look great. Thanks Bob. :)

6. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

WOW!! what customer service, Bob him self just called to give some advise on splitting up my Jig order to include differnt weight and size. Good idea, This is one good reson to get you tackle from a guy that earns his living with it !!!

Thanks Capt!

7. goodhands_gheenoer

goodhands_gheenoer Well-Known Member

Just picked up my first (but definitely not my last) order of jigs from Capt Bob. First off C-Bob is a great guy to deal with. Put in an order and it was ready for me within 2 days. The quality of the paint job and hooks is outstanding. For those who jig fish and are looking for quality made jigs these are a must.

Thanks again!

8. lemaymiami

Thanks for the kind comments... For anyone wanting to get a look at some of my stuff I now have them stocked in at LMR Custom Rods in Ft. Lauderdale (17th St Causeway) and Don's Bait & Tackle in Homestead should have their order by the middle of next week.

9. lemaymiami

Here's a few pics of a heavier jig I've added to my lineup.  It's called a pilchard jig these days, and at 1oz. it's not exactly a shallow water proposition.  I've been told by the first shop that asked for them that it's the perfect kingfish jig...
    [​IMG]
    Weighing in at 1oz, it's not exactly a lightweight
    [​IMG]
    Here' a size comparison with some 1/4 oz backcountry jigs

Here's a few behind the scenes production pics of the first order of 100...

[​IMG]
    The blanks are powder coated then baked to harden the finish

[​IMG]
    No matter how large the order I tend to do them in batches of 20 at a time...