Cruise to the western carribean

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Weedy, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Ok guys/gals,
    Taking my first cruise to the Bahamas/Grand Cayman/and a place in Mexico (can't remember the name :-[). Anyway, any advise would be much appriceated(sp), again, never been and would like to be well informed. Thanks in advance.
    Walt

2. brew1891

brew1891 Well-Known Member

been on a cruise to grand cayman...swimming with the stingrays was awesome! however this was a few years before the whole croc hunter tragedy so not sure if its the smartest idea anymore. Otherwise there aint a lot to do there. the Stingray brand beer is awesome! As for mexico i would advise just drinking. in cozumel we took some sort of mini submarine cruise out to a reef it was ok...after that it was all about drinking. you didnt say which island in the bahamas but when we went to nassau we did the snorkeling thing. it was fun. they give you a tour of the houses on the way out and its neat to see all the crazy mansions. walked around after that and drank...pretty much everyone on the street over there will try to sell you weed or cigars or cheap nick nacks so watch yourself. it was neat to see atlantis but at $8.00 for a beer we didnt stay long but the aquarium is awesome!

3. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. While in Nassua well will be swimming with the Dolphins. While in Mexico, my wife will swim with the Dolphins again, but I will be with a fishing guide for bonefish and/or Tarpon :D :cool:. I contacted a couple of guides down in the Caymans, however still waiting for a responce
    Walt

4. brew1891

brew1891 Well-Known Member

welcome...i believe there are some awesome flats between the two cayman islands.

if you need any "sneaking alcohol onto the ship" pointers let me know. Thats where they get you!