Crocs: wear/wore them?opinions?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cutrunner, Sep 13, 2011.

1. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Im getting kinda tired of flip flops as they have little support, so has anyone here tried them? Do you still wear them? If so why/not? Opinions?

2. hawaiifly

hawaiifly I Love microskiff.com!

I used too wear them, they have good traction way better the flip flops. Don't why I stopped wearing them. I think I'm gonna go buy a pair today.

3. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I've worn out 5 pairs. They're convenient, comfortable, waterproof and odor resistant. In this climate it's hard to beat 'em other than the f'ugly factor.

4. hawaiifly

hawaiifly I Love microskiff.com!

Yeah they are fugly. Haha but who cares when your fishing.

5. chew

chew I sit at a desk so I can stand in a boat!

I have owned a few pairs, they are comfortable and fairly stout.... only thing was when mine became wet from sweat or water, they became slick inside....... great for just putzing around or as light foot protection washing the boat in the yard..... if your looking for something with some light weight quick drying and good traction.... take a look at "rugged shark" shoe line. or possibly the new "toe shoes" next best thing to bare feet on the boat with protection of a full sole shoe....... then again just my 2 cents....

6. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

7 days a week I have 4 diffrent pairs. These are my favorite for everyday and I use the classic slip on crocs on the boat. There great on you feet and knees when your on the boat all day. My father has M.S. and he loves the crocs one of the few shoes he can wear

7. cutrunner

Eric, what model is that in the picture? Me like

8. makin moves

thats the cove model I have the in blue and icy white to they drive the old ladys crazy lol. check out the crocs website they have some sick shoes and sign up for there email list those shoes are normally 60. they sent me a email a while back and had them bogo. They always have good deals going on. I stock up when they go on sale

9. makin moves

these hurt feelings in church lol

10. boggob

boggob Beer me.

Comfy! +1 as to the Crocs website - better selection. I have older versions of the Santa Cruz and Coves.

11. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

They are certainly comfortable to wear. However, I have stopped wearing them on the boat as they become slippery when wet on the inside. I prefer to be sure footed all the time when afloat.

12. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

[movedhere] General Discussion [move by] iMacattack.

13. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

I agree with the slippery comments, I do still wear mine on the boat, and are great as long as you stay dry, but as soon as they get wet you might as well take them off and let them dry out a bit.

14. cutrunner

Hmm yea thats what i was hoping against.. I might just try a pair anyways.. My feet dont get too wet in the boat, unless im castnetting. But they sound good for work. At $20 i think i'll try a pair

15. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

One other benefit is when they blow out of the boat, they float better than bobbers.

16. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

What about water socks? I remember having a pair along time ago that worked well for boating and wading, not sure why I gave them up.

The crocs floating can work for you and against you, on a windy day they travel quickly, lol.

17. backwaterbandits

backwaterbandits Well-Known Member

You won't be sorry.
    Everyone needs at least one pair! ;)

18. crawley15

crawley15 I Love microskiff.com!

Shimano EVO shoes. I love em. A little pricey and the shimano label falls off of the heel immediately, but decidedly a good boat or beach shoe. Maybe a better shoe than the Croc?

19. Taterides

Taterides Well-Known Member

Ace Boating model seem to be the most comfortable. I hate the looks with a passion but love the comfort. Great when you have to stand on a platform for awhile.

20. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

Skip them and save yourself the twisted ankle

http://vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm