Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Wow, the proverbial “Dumb Ass” is thick right there. I have owned two bass boats, one was screaming fast (80mph). I can tell you on a glass calm day 77 was way faster than I will ever think about going again. It was on the edge of out of control.

These bass guys are blessed not to die way more often at the speeds these boats are running. Simply incredible!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Originally they did it to run 15-20 miles on big lakes and be able to get back to weigh ins on time all while still getting to spots less folks fish.

There is a line though and I can tell you, over 65-70 in a 20-22 ft boat is just stupid no matter how you twist it. From my experience, I don’t bass fish anymore, haven’t in years and can’t stand it now.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
738 Posts
First it is dum, dums personal record. The Apba keeps records. Second, no helmets and racing life jackets, they are lucky to be alive. We know that bass swim faster than wahoo, so them sparkle boats need to hall butt

G

·
I’ve been triple digits more times than I care to remember. It is and adrenaline rush that I don’t believe I could handle now. Sure, I still like to go fast... just not that fast anymore. 50-60 is fine by me... 25-35 in a small boat.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
685 Posts
I get it for tournament fishing. Like some of those tournaments on Lake George or Rodman where guys run 50+ miles. The less time you spend running the more time you spend fishing. With that said I think tournament fishing sucks and don't feel real comfortable much above 40 MPH personally. Stuff happens quick at high speeds and there's no coming back from a big mistake or a mechanical failure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts