Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
sorry, but no one is accidentally typing H-A-U-L instead of H-U-L-L The keys are not close enough to each other to make that kind of mistake...

·
Registered
459 Posts
It is not a typing error. Brain error. However if the person who wrote that just did not know any better, what would that tell us?

·
Registered
745 Posts
It is not a typing error. Brain error. However if the person who wrote that just did not know any better, what would that tell us?
It would tell me that the seller was either ignorant or inexperienced, neither of which is a crime or even something to be ashamed of, but it would make me very cautious about buying a used boat or dropping $20k or so on anything. My comment was not meant to poke fun, although I don't deny some sarcasm in the tone. I honestly meant the value of and interest in the item is lowered at least from my perspective.

I'm not sure how exactly what I posted is jaded, impolite or inconsiderate.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It would tell me that the seller was either ignorant or inexperienced, neither of which is a crime or even something to be ashamed of, but it would make me very cautious about buying a used boat or dropping $20k or so on anything. My comment was not meant to poke fun, although I don't deny some sarcasm in the tone. I honestly meant the value of and interest in the item is lowered at least from my perspective.

I'm not sure how exactly what I posted is jaded, impolite or inconsiderate.
Or.......it might tell us the person in question uses English as a second language and is in fact educated and has scruples. I have a college degree but do not speak any second language (unless you count English. My language is Southern). That person is more capable than I. Married to a French speaking Canadian for 25 years. She could not pronounce the "th" sound. Consequently when she tried to say "third" it sounded like "turd". People that did not know her would get appalled at her language. They were in a hurry to judge.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Or.......it might tell us the person in question uses English as a second language and is in fact educated and has scruples. I have a college degree but do not speak any second language (unless you count English. My language is Southern). That person is more capable than I. Married to a French speaking Canadian for 25 years. She could not pronounce the "th" sound. Consequently when she tried to say "third" it sounded like "turd". People that did not know her would get appalled at her language. They were in a hurry to judge.
Ok you’ve convinced me. Foreigner and possible master ship builder selling his personally owned and maintained skiff without using spell check for his Tampa bay Craig’s list as.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ok you’ve convinced me. Foreigner and possible master ship builder selling his personally owned and maintained skiff without using spell check for his Tampa bay Craig’s list as.
While you are in a buying mood, have I got a bridge for you!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts