Craft beer thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sheremeta, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Sheremeta

Sheremeta Well-Known Member

What's your favorite craft beer? Lots of good choices these days. There has been a surge of micro brews form Florida to Washington state.

2. Maverick904

Maverick904 Chasin Tail

Intuition Peoples Pale

Intuition Jon Boat is a hell of a fish fry beer

Breckenridge Brewing Vanilla Porter

I am a fan of "Old Speckled Hen" english ale from a draught can

Sweetwater has some good brews as well. I really like the 420

Two hearted ale (American IPA)

Dukes Brown Ale from Bold City Brewing

Mad Manatee IPA from Bold City Brewing

Just to name a few :bounce:

3. Megalops

Megalops Rex Kwan Do Dojo

Good stuff, they have it on tap at the Stein and Wine right down from your house.

Hmmm, I'm a beer snob and an avid homebrewer and love Belgian beer a lot. :)

Westvleteren12 if you can get some
    Rochefort 10
    Chimay Blue
    Chouffe Houblon
    Fantome Printeps if you can find it anymore
    Duchesse De Bourgogne
    Dupont Saison
    Hoeegaarden

To me Bells 2 hearted ale is one of the most balanced IPA's on the market. Perfectly balanced, I love this stuff.

Casa - what's your go to brother?

4. Sheremeta

Right now I have a six barrel of fat tire amber ale. It's light but well balanced. Intuition is very good, I like their IPA. Mile Marker Brewery is 10 minutes away and they have a really good red ale. I think my next keg will be Cirgar City Jai Alai IPA. Sam Adams Boston Lager is my staple beer.

5. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

YUP!

6. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Were lucky enough to have a brewer as a member on this site.Forum member Slightly Native runs Tequesta brewing company or aka TBC out of jupiter florida. Its good stuff!!! If you in the area shoot him a pm and he will hook you up

7. PG350

PG350 I Love microskiff.com!

You have to try Rogue dead guy ale and lazy Magnolia southern pecan. My favorites and im an expert :D

8. Rediculous

Rediculous Boozle on...

The Cigar City Jai Alai IPA is delicious, and one of my favorite IPA's. With Stone Brewery's IPA being my favorite, along with most of their brews. Smuttynose makes an excellent IPA, also.

9. mwolaver

mwolaver waterman 16

Loving the choices listed here!

For the well balanced IPA, I'd have to give the nod to Dogfish 60; Two Hearted would be a very, very close second.

Unless you've had the Duchess, you don't understand how good a tart Flander's Red can be!

And if you're into a slight stronger, Imperial-style stout....Do not EVER pass up a Founders Breakfast Stout. 

10. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

That fat tire amber ale sounds good. I'm a ale, lager, porter guy, can't do the ipas

11. Rediculous

Rediculous Boozle on...

Try the Kona porter. It's more commercial than craft, but delicious nonetheless. IPA's tend to pack more punch, both taste wise and ABV wise than most people like. For me though, it's all about the hops!!!

12. Recidivists

Recidivists Looking towards the weekend!

Find some cheap tickets to Portland, OR for a weekend with a friend. Nothing like a brewpub crawl in the Rose city.

13. dozerslobber

dozerslobber I Love microskiff.com!

Mostly drinking homebrew lately. But Cigar City has some excellent new IPAs with their Hopped on the High Seas series. Citra has been my fave so far. I trade quite a bit so I've been enjoying some of Prairie Ales wonderful saisons. Some Jester King sours. Some Modern Times stuff from San Diego. And some I'll occasionally dig something out of the cellar. But, again, with 4- 5 gallon kegs of homebrew on tap, it's hard not to pull a pint or two of my own pretty regularly. :cool:

14. Sheremeta

I ended up getting a half barrel of Mile Marker Red Ale. Mile marker should be seen in cans and bottles soon. Almost every restaurant in St. Augustine has their beer on tap now.
    http://www.milemarkerbrewing.com/

15. Lt25

Lt25 I Love microskiff.com!

Just spoke to my buddy who is close friends with the owner of St Pete Brewing Company. They are going to be opening up very soon at their location in St Petersburg, FL. Currently they produce St Pete Wheat and Pinellas Pale Ale via out of state bottling company. My understanding is they will be the only brewing company within the St Petersburg city limits. Their location is supposed to be really nice and will have all their selections on tap.

I don't have anything to do with them, but am always looking for a new craft brew location to check out. I thought some of you might as well!

16. Megalops

Megalops Rex Kwan Do Dojo

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/27039/16814/

I'm a homebrewer and actually have read Greg Noonan's book on lagers twice...anyone in Florida actually have a chance to drink this? 

17. brew1891

brew1891 Well-Known Member

Founders Oatmeal Nitro Stout is probably my #1 but alas I do love all the beers pretty much

Some other favs that come to mind:
    Highland Brewing Oatmeal Porter
    Cigar City FL Cracker, Nitro Patio Tools, Good Gourd, lactobacillus Guava...well basically pretty much anything from CCB
    Shipyard Pumpkin Head
    Magic Hat Wilhelm Scream and #9
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale tap version
    Just about anything from Wicked Weed

Just a few of my favs.

18. DBStoots

DBStoots I Love microskiff.com!

I think my favorite would have to be Ballast Point Sculpin IPA. I try to find new ones on a regular basis. Latest find was Coppertail Brewing Company's Free Dive IPA. This is yet another excellent Tampa Bay area craft brewer.