Crackheads are prospering..........

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Captain_Shane, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Captain_Shane

Captain_Shane Well-Known Member

I tell you guys the economy may be rough but the theiving crackheads are doing well. I bought a duplex near downtown miami. Before I closed on it the crackheads hit the place and stole all the copper pipes and electrical cable. O.k not too bad I will just have to spend a little more $ and fix it. So i have all new plumbing run and electrical redone. My electrician calls me this morning and says I have a problem. I get to the property and the crackheads had hit the property again. This time they not only stole everything including my tools and toolbox, but they destroyed the walls to get to the copper. I just don't get it...... You try to do the right thing, be kind to people, put people to work only to get kicked in the nuts and teeth by a stinking theif. What really gets me is the cost of the copper they took was less than $400 however the destruction and replacement cost will run over $5000. Just don't get it.

2. ucfsae81

ucfsae81 Well-Known Member

thats miami for you, sorry to hear that

just wait for them to show up again and just hand it to them

3. cal1320

cal1320 Well-Known Member

It's not just Miami. It happens in Orlando too. We have rewired the same house three times so far. They break out windows and kick in doors to get to the wire.You would think they would be happy to see someone improving the neighborhood. They just see an easy dollar. I feel your pain.
    Calvin

4. brew1891

brew1891 Well-Known Member

Many businesses are now putting HVAC systems on the roof covered by cages and wired into alarms! Thats how bad the problem is. plumbing trucks and businesses are prime targets now.

You need to have an alarm wired up before anything else is done because they WILL be back again...trust me on this, one thing i know is criminals and the criminal mind! at least the alarm may scare them off.

And no the people doing this absolutely do not care that you are trying to help.

5. Garry

Garry Well-Known Member

It's happening in Titusville too.... The place were my parents work was hit not to long ago. Took 5 big aluminum ramps (100+ lbs ramps) and took every piece of copper they could get.

Sorry to hear this happening to you Shane...

6. rcmay

rcmay Well-Known Member

get a couple of buddies and camp out in the house one night.....bring shotguns!

7. JRH

JRH Well-Known Member

Who are the business owners that are purchasing these metals on the black market?

Because they need a swift kick in the nutz.

8. captnron

captnron Guest

China? [smiley=1-whoops1.gif]

9. ucfsae81

ucfsae81 Well-Known Member

you should invite tojo down there so he can break in his new ar15

10. brew1891

brew1891 Well-Known Member

It's not black market at all...you just walk into any scrap recycling center and turn in the metal for money...copper tubing doesnt have any identification so its impossible to know if what they are bringing in is stolen. People actually recylcle this stuff legitimately from jobs (ie you have your house ac replaced professionally and the tech tears out the copper on the old unit that would be thrown away and recycles it for $)

11. Skiny_water_sniper

Skiny_water_sniper Well-Known Member

China is becoming so industrialized that they are gobbling up natural recourses like a bottomless pit, but that will eventually level off, China has an amazing wealth of its own natural resources. The anti capitalists are also taking an even bigger toll. I don't know if any of you have noticed lead has been so demonized that the number of nations mining and exporting it has fallen from three to only one in the past two years. Copper is on its way to the same fate as lead. The anti capitalists are slowly killing off means of acquiring raw materials and production. You can credit the unions for killing off Steel production 70's and 80's. Take a look at Bessemer, Al, Detroit, MI, or Pittsburgh, PA, just mark the fate of those cities up to moron-assisted-suicide. Look at where you spend your money for examples a 5 Lb. bag of cast 1-3 oz sinkers will set you back $40 where it was $15 a year ago(Wholesale). Two years ago a box of (20 rounds) to feed my .338 lapua cost me $35, yesterday it cost me $94 for the same box, time to get a longer stroke press and get a set of dies for that round too. Just think what will happen if a dyed in the wool Marxist like Hillary gets in office.

12. jmarkklock

jmarkklock Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that Captain Shane. This kind of stuff makes me livid. Shooting is too good for those crap stains on the underware of society, they should be covered in honey and tied to a stump in the middle of the everglades and let nature take it's course. We have a couple generations of several demographics of people that grew idolizing thugs, wearing their pants hanging down past the crack of their azz because they think prison clothes are cool. The have no desire to emulate people that go out and bust their humps for a living because they have never been around anyone that makes an honest living. They steal and sell drugs. If we are lucky enough to catch a few of the little bastards in the act of robbing us, and put a much needed bullet between their eyes, it's a crap shoot whether or not we will go to jail. At the very least, we would use up our retirement and savings paying legal fees to lawyers even if we were aquitted. It just don't seem right to me.

13. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

man that sucks for sure. Its true the problem is everywhere, but I was born and raised in Miami and its gotten really bad there. I left in 98 and every time I go back I can't believe how anyone can stand living there any more. Childhood friends, the keys and Flamingo was the anchor for me, but the insane over populated melting pot of the Caribbean and NE US transplants finally ran me off after 40 years. - eric