Correct position for pushpole holders

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by derekbarker, Jul 13, 2014.

1. derekbarker

derekbarker I Love microskiff.com!

Hi there,

I have just received my new maverick 17 hpx v. Pushpole holders were not installed to accommodate the heat shrink plastic for shipping. Any recommendations/tips/tricks for correctly positioning the holders. Doubt it makes a difference but I will be using V-marine spool holders and the pole is a 24 ft stiffy hybrid.

Thanks in advance!

2. living_water1

living_water1 I Love microskiff.com!

Congrats on a great boat! Those V marine holders are sweet too. I would just take a measurement off a similar boat. Its simple but you def want them set right to keep your push pole from slipping. Best of luck

3. MariettaMike

MariettaMike Wish'n I was Fish'n!

Maverick owners have their own forum with many more people that could give you actual dimensions.

http://www.maverickboats.com/boats/mirage-17-hpx-v/#gallery

http://www.mbcforum.com

4. derekbarker

derekbarker I Love microskiff.com!

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I am based in Australia, second Maverick to land here and first 17 so nothing local to compare to.

5. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

If you do a search for the HPX 17 and look at images you will find quite a few to look at and see about where they should go.

Congrats on a great boat.