Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What projects are you getting done with the limited fishing ramps and stay home orders? I’m going to try to improve his Color match gel coat and make a nonskid mold to patch some areas that I/previous owner messed up. Also remove all these damn screws and their holes. Plus fix a bilge broken in the tube(this one is a bitch, Hewes Bonefisher bilge access sucks.) if this goes too long, EVA foam. Maybe that’ll be my stimulus check. Might replace gauges. In the process of replacing top controls.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
As little as possible when off. Work is enough. Nice dinners with family is about it. Gave up doing my online class for awhile. Kind of nice not feeling like you have to do anything. I was doing project after project before this started. It will be shrimp season here soon. So my boat project I wanted to do over the winter will wait for next years outbreak. I will have to get a new axle in soon though. I can only be lazy for so long.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I'm painting the outside of a skiff project. If I can get that done, I'll flip it over and work on the inside. I'm also knee deep into a honey-do list.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t know if I want to risk trailering out of central Florida. I know there have been people that are getting stopped for the night time curfew. And will be hard to say that I am going grocery shopping with an 18 foot flats boat on the back.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Perfect planting time here in NY, and perfect time to not see anyone. So far have put in seven Arbor Vitae, 3 Rhodies, 2 Laurel, 10 Christmas Ferns. Have two trees and four shrubs to go. Halfway through a treehouse build with my son. Have been using axe and chainsaw, but do it knowing that there isn’t an available hospital bed anywhere close. First stripers should be here in a week.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,655 Posts
Just finished annual service on the outboard, next is detailing the boat, then is going to catch fish. My overall goal is to catch more fish.
Overall, my life hasn't really been affected by the stay at home orders and social distancing thing. I never really looked at it before but I've been living under those rules for a long time. I am a refinery operator, I've been essential since way before it was cool. It is highly controlled access restricted and I work with two other guys, 1 outside operator for our two units and 1 guy inside on the control board so we don't spend much time around anyone.
I live on a small island canal community where golf carts, bicycles and boats are a common way to go to your friends houses. Everything I really want to do for fun involves me being on the water, fishing, kayaking, SUP, or sitting on my dock. I realize that I am very fortunate so I try not to get too wound up about things. Besides, the liquor stores are open and gas is cheap...

·
Lowcountry Degen
2021 Conchfish 17.8
1,890 Posts
Getting my damn boat build wrapped up. Still working too though.
Same here. Work is busier now with stranger hours, since we're donating tons of face shields and I'm doing the manufacturing. Daycare is closed and my wife is still working 10-2, so that's tough. Thank the Lord for my mom.

All these events being cancelled though is the biggest help for me. I absolutely love doing family stuff and will be happy when we can go back to the aquarium/park/etc, but it does make for more boat time. Who needs sleep anyway...

·
Fly-By-Night
3,186 Posts
Working (from home) thankful to be able to stay working, I know a lot can't.

Finally finish the last of the paint on my Gheenoe knock-off project, and get it ready to sell.

Clean and detail my Spear Skiff (it's honest to god as dirty as it's ever been).

Get my Mako moved so I can do a few things getting it ready for summer.

Continue trying to tech myself morse code.

File taxes...:(

·
Registered
147 Posts
> NMEA 2000 install,
> steering wheel wrap
> replace carpeted bunks/slats (aluminum hull)
> properly install the BatteryTender TM Plug in the forward deck
> wire interior deck lights
> Finish stripping rear storage box carpet, sand, paint, install spaghetti webbing
> Audit/Inventory tackle, replacing and sharpening

...a couple afternoons worth but I'm lazy. :D

·
Registered
2018 Ankona Cayenne
94 Posts
Replaced my switch panel, breakers, and switches. I ended up using New Wire Marine in Charleston, SC and have nothing but good things to say. Four orders in one month has to be a record of some kind.

·
Registered
Marquesa
570 Posts
-100 hr service
-Refinish inside is rear hatches
-New switch panel
-Raise motor 2 holes
-Install under gunnel lights
-Hopefully having a new poling platform built

1 - 20 of 27 Posts