Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Gordon Waterman 18'
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I found a decent F70 thats currently set up as a tiller. Looking to replace the Yamaha 70tlr 2 stroke I have with it on my side console Waterman.

Going to have a shop do the motor swap, but aside from a new harness can I use the existing helm and binnacle and Uflex Steering system I have from the 2 stroke?
Will change out to a new tach and new binnacle down the road but seeing if this is all I need. Anyone here done this switch before?
I'm thinking it would be a fairly simple conversion by removing the tiller and connecting it to the Uflex system. Am I missing anything? TIA

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
You should be able to use your Uflex steering and helm. Don't let them keep the tiller arm, they are high dollar. I'd guess $750-$1,000.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Everything is compatible from the harness, binnacle and u-flex steering. You will need the correct shift and throttle cable ends for the F70 and you will need to swap the u-flex cylinder to attach from the port side of the motor, it will require 4 o-rings for the arm bracket. Aside from those things everything else is compatible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.