Converting Rip Tide 55 thrust from Bow to Transom Mount

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by mulletboy, Mar 24, 2011.

1. mulletboy

mulletboy Well-Known Member

Have a highsider and was wondering if anyone has any info on where I can get the transom mount bracket, and if there are any threads on converting this bow mount to a transom mount.

Not sure if this is posted in the right place. feel free to move. I dont get on here enough to know where to put it, or do an effective search. thanks!

2. mulletboy

mulletboy Well-Known Member

Just called Minn Kota and they said the transom bracket was $30.00, and it was pretty easy to do. I will post further if the project is difficult so others can learn, but it sounded pretty dang easy!

3. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

i think all you need to do is to detach the wires in the head then remove head,, slip off old mount and slip new bracket down over shaft then reassemble, i recommend taking some digital pitcures of the wires and where they are attached to help in the reassembly

4. chew

chew I sit at a desk so I can stand in a boat!

southbound is right..... pretty simple task.... and YES get the minn kota mount..... you will save more in frustration than the minimal cost of the factory bracket!
    little tip...... watch your wires on re-assymbly. some times if they get bunched together...... you will hear an electric "hum" over mid throtle.