Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
devilray snob
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on boat and layout would be how I would make a choice.
the boat is already setup for remote. question is do i want to go through the trouble of converting a honda or just sell it and buy a new remote o/b

·
Living & Dying in 3/4 Time
2,558 Posts
My question is, will you be happy with 20hp? Unless it's a smaller/narrow skiff I'd want more power. But it is a lightweight engine...

Also the cost involved. Whats the cost to convert versus selling the 20hp & buying a remote.

·
devilray snob
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My question is, will you be happy with 20hp? Unless it's a smaller/narrow skiff I'd want more power. But it is a lightweight engine...

Also the cost involved. Whats the cost to convert versus selling the 20hp & buying a remote.
The boat I would be putting it on came from the factory with a 25 2-stroke, so a 20 4-stroke isnt too far off from what it had.

·
Living & Dying in 3/4 Time
2,558 Posts
Eh, not a bad option then. Or find a 25 2 stroke and convert that, I've got a remote kit for an '02 Mercury 25 in the garage I'd let go for a song. ;)

·
devilray snob
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eh, not a bad option then. Or find a 25 2 stroke and convert that, I've got a remote kit for an '02 Mercury 25 in the garage I'd let go for a song.  ;)
If I found a merc 2-stroke with power TNT I'de take it off your hands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts