Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 8wt Thomas and Thomas I absolutely love. My only complaint is that it is a 2 piece which means I have to check it in when flying instead of carrying it on the plane with me like I do with my 4 piece rods. My question is; is it posable to have it converted to a 4 piece and if so how much would it effect the performance/action of the rod? Also would you recommend it be sent back to T&T or can reputable rod builder do the work?

·
Banned
276 Posts
Depending on the airline, some of them will let you carry that on. Just make a thin-wall PVC tube that's easily opened. I used to carry a 2-piece on quite frequently. It was only gate-check once in 10 or so flights.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Depending on the airline, some of them will let you carry that on. Just make a thin-wall PVC tube that's easily opened. I used to carry a 2-piece on quite frequently. It was only gate-check once in 10 or so flights.
I fly very often with rods usually only if Im transporting one up north or vice versa. If Im in a window seat they used to let me hang on to it. Otherwise it had to fit length wise up above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts