Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a couple months to tinker, thought id ask these questions here.
Might try buildling a compression plate, can easily get aluminum so that will be my build material. The last few nights been surfing forums to find out alittle information and theres plenty to read. My questions are...
Without a hydralic jackplate or power trim is it worth the time?
I do have a vance manual JP i can install if i need to go higher.
I'm only running an old 30hp on a C1652V(aluminum), it does have a small tunnel.
Is there any designs to stay away from?
I'm thinking something similar to a boat right design. The tran sport looks nice but it doesnt seem to extend to far back and the downward "cupping" may be an issue, without a hydralic JP.
A good generic 3 blade cupped prop?
I live in a small town, no places around to try props and not to many props even to buy.
My plate on my motor is already abit above the bottom of my hull, cant go any higher, it sometimes blows out at this hight (in turns). Wanting to go higher if i can, I fish shallow waters, rocks can and will do damage.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I built and ran one It worked too well . Motor Jacked up 11" 4 Blade Cupped Powertech prop Carved corners like a Ginsu ! But the torque steer was way too severe Tabs helped but boat crabbed ... Took the whole thing apart and dropped motor down , re set tabs . Boat runs straight with very little torque steer . Be careful what you wish for ;-)

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
14,989 Posts
I built and ran one It worked too well . Motor Jacked up 11" 4 Blade Cupped Powertech prop Carved corners like a Ginsu ! But the torque steer was way too severe Tabs helped but boat crabbed ... Took the whole thing apart and dropped motor down , re set tabs . Boat runs straight with very little torque steer . Be careful what you wish for ;-)
I’ve never heard of a compression plate adding torque steer. All of the ones I added cured my boats of it nearly completely with or without hydraulic steering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts