Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, this is the piece the console was attached to. The main piece, if you will. Going to take time to clearly formulate a plan. Fortunately, I am in the industry and sell most everything I will need including a VF115. Additionally, my neighbor is one of Rybovich’s best wood workers. This is a one owner guide boat that for most of its life hung at Bud N Mary’s. I went past it countless times not realizing I would eventually own it.

Attachments

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,387 Posts
So, this is the piece the console was attached to. The main piece, if you will. Going to take time to clearly formulate a plan. Fortunately, I am in the industry and sell most everything I will need including a VF115. Additionally, my neighbor is one of Rybovich’s best wood workers. This is a one owner guide boat that for most of its life hung at Bud N Mary’s. I went past it countless times not realizing I would eventually own it.
Ooof!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, after about a month of pouring, sipping, staring, measuring, drawing, sipping, staring, reading and just plain studying my options, I have put the saw to the wood. Quick backstory on this boat is it was an I/O boat. Squatted pretty hard from what I can tell (told the same). When inspecting (missed that one earlier), I noted the ply had some small issues where the hull, deck and rubrail met. That could be expected after 41 years. Taking into consideration how much weight I am taking out of the boat coupled with a “marginal” edge to work with, I have decided to change the sheer line. This is the shop drawing I’ve come up with. Took quite a while to cut down the back deck. Today I’ll tighten it up. The last picture shows what I had and what I now have to work with

Attachments

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I remember that boat very well when I live in the keys during the 80's.
It was the only I/O flats boat on "guides row". I think it was a merc.

I wish we knew the history on it.

I drove buy Roberts shop all the time back then and never had a clue I would own one now.................Circles.

Time flies............................

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did call down to Bud and Mary’s spoke with someone who has been there forever. It is in fact the same boat even though I got it out of the Clearwater area. I’m told he made four with IO’s. If anyone has any additional information, I am all ears

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I did call down to Bud and Mary’s spoke with someone who has been there forever. It is in fact the same boat even though I got it out of the Clearwater area. I’m told he made four with IO’s. If anyone has any additional information, I would love to have it
Thanks............I lived out in Loxahatchee 89-06......scary

Mike ,owner of willys now, may have some info on it since he is pretty tight w/ the surviving family members

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That boat was there in the mid 90s, I remember the I/O with the tall motor box/ pole tower. I think there was Astro turf on the motor box?
I am not sure as I did not do the demo. However that makes perfect sense as there is evidence of some sort of carpeting on the cockpit sole. I too passed this boat countless times all through the 90s and 2000’s.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have never seen the strings being pulled like that specifically on a boat, are you just checking how square your bulkheads are compared to the center-line of the boat?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Haven’t had a lot of time as some other issues have taken precedent. However was able to move forward a bit. The screen will be on an actuator in the dash. Need to build the helm pod and work out the dynamics. Also started the matching helm chair as well. Hope to get back into a full swing soon

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts