Commercial and Industrial Grade Aluminum and SS

Discussion in 'The Commercial Zone' started by flyfisheraa573, Mar 16, 2009.

1. flyfisheraa573

flyfisheraa573 Well-Known Member

First let me begin by saying that I have a micro-skiff, and old Mitchell Craft that I am re-storing, and my love for boats comes first.  I just felt that as a person that buys on a personal level, we sometimes get lost in the scheme of things when it comes to buying things on a wholesale level...particularly on price.  So I wanted to throw my "hat" in the ring, with the hopes that I can help some of you, if interested.

Please see the following, and feel free to contact me with any questions.  (BTW, if I posted this wrong, I am sorry, please let me know and I will correct if to the best of my ability.)

Industrial Alloy Supply
    Contact: Jonathan Jones, GM (aka, as flyfisheraa573 on here)
    1968 Waterville Road
    Macon, GA 31202
    478-750-9380 or 800-226-2119
    jonathanj@alloydeal.com
    www.alloydeal.com

Industrial and Commercial Aluminum and SS
    6061, 3003, and 5052 Aluminum
    304, 316 SS

Most products are available in round stock, flat stock, angles, tubing (square, round, and rectangle), pipe, flat sheets and plate.  Also, we carry a full range of Aluminum Tread Brite.

Our inventory also includes galvanized sheets and long products, Al and SS expanded metal, and a limited range of painted aluminum sheets.

As far as pictures...there would be too many to post for everything....but all material is prime material, no 2nd's.  Although, we do have a listing of "damaged" material.  These "damaged" items are items that are items that were scratched or dinged that we can not sell as prime material and we discount, depending on the damage to a fraction of true cost.

Price varies on the market price, the type of material and the grade of material.

Please email me directly, and reference microskiff.com so that I can know where you are from.

2. marshman

marshman just try to follow me....i dare ya...

correct me if im wrong, but there is no "commercial" or "industrial" grades of aluminum, or stainless for that matter...304 stainless is either 304 stainless or it isnt...   5052 aluminum is either 5052 or it isnt...

nice site though...no prices?? do i need to call to inquire about pricing??(it would be so much easier to have prices online, i can understand why you dont, though) do you have minimum orders??

**ive always used online metals...they are pricey, but very easy to work with and get exactly what i need in small amounts...so, you have my interest...

3. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

maybe he meant "structural" vs "architectural" aluminum, although the alloy designation is less ambiguous.

4. flyfisheraa573

flyfisheraa573 Well-Known Member

Marshman,

Very perceptive...I guess commercial and industrial is a little mis-leading. We will sell to anyone, I was merely trying to show distinction between us and say a home improvement store that also sells SS and Al.

As far as prices...we do not publish prices, because of several reasons. The main one being that our prices are directly affected by the daily market, because we are a commodities based business. Usually prices are not updated on a daily basis, more like monthly, But in order to insure that our prices are as accurate as possible, we do not publish them.

As far as order size. No minimun, however we do prefer to sell stock sizes. We do ship, by third party motor freight, UPS and FedEx.

Thank you for checking out the site. Please feel free to shoot me an email personally @ jonathanj@alloydeal.com.

Thanks again!!!

5. marshman

marshman just try to follow me....i dare ya...

20 years fabrication/welding experience.....