Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Current - 2021 Salt Marsh Heron 18
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just a few weeks out from the start date of my Heron 18 build and I’m second guessing my choices in color. Originally I was set on whisper grey hull with matterhorn white cap/deck, white powder coat and matching white engine but I’m considering doing the same scheme with a guide green hull, or possibly a light blue. I’m open to all opinions and suggestions so feel free to comment!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,760 Posts
Go with the whisper grey and matterhorn white combo. Seems like all the skiffs you see out there are seafoam/guide green, ice/baby blue, fighting lady/hatteras yellow. Your original color choices are on point. I chose kingston grey and bonefish grey with flat black textured powdercoat on metal, black rub rail, black motor, storm grey seadek. Full 'tacti-cool' package :cool:

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,713 Posts
I've never had an option since I buy used boat. But if i did blue ,green or yellow are what i like on a skiff. I don't care if everyone has one it's what I like. Just make sure it's not bright, of course you already know that

Reactions: Austin Rudd

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If I was picking, I’d go with guide green hull/top and khaki tan non-skid/cushions. I’d leave my AL bright and would have the motor whatever color the motor comes in. My Lostmen was OD hull with a tan top, and that tan was great for cutting glare and looking clean.

Reactions: Austin Rudd

·
Registered
627 Posts
I just posted this (link below), might be interesting to research but I do like the Tan deck and OD green combo.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
My last few boats have had the same color deck and sides. All guide green, all sky blue, all whisper grey and the last one was all yeti green. I love having a colored deck but that's just me. They don't reflect and create glare the same way white does. Plus the vast majority of boats have a white deck, so it's nice to have something a little different.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts