Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
You will know your loop is proper when you can pull either side of it and nothing comes loose. Its locked both ways. Make several for practice and it starts making sense.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
You will know your loop is proper when you can pull either side of it and nothing comes loose. Its locked both ways. Make several for practice and it starts making sense.
If your loop changes size by pulling on the tag end after turning the braid inside out you have done it wrong. If you can adjust the size of the loop by pulling on the main line then you know it's right. This is all before you tuck the tag end inside the main line.

Glad to see you all coming over to the dark side lol. This group is a little slow to come around to a better system. Been using hollow core braid and splices for probably the last 5 -6 years or so. It's so much better than dacron and bimini knots.

I have used the power pro hollow ace primarily. Whatever you do don't try and use 40 lb jerry brown, it doesn't work.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If your loop changes size by pulling on the tag end after turning the braid inside out you have done it wrong. If you can adjust the size of the loop by pulling on the main line then you know it's right. This is all before you tuck the tag end inside the main line.

Glad to see you all coming over to the dark side lol. This group is a little slow to come around to a better system. Been using hollow core braid and splices for probably the last 5 -6 years or so. It's so much better than dacron and bimini knots.

I have used the power pro hollow ace primarily. Whatever you do don't try and use 40 lb jerry brown, it doesn't work.

Thanks. I have a reel that needs a topshot of backing and I will be splicing what's already on there with hollow ace. I also ordered some Seaguar Threadlock for the next time I start from scratch with a reel.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts