cold front

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by devrep, Oct 31, 2014.

1. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

My son's best friend is in the Navy and is coming to town to fish with us on Sunday. Fishing is probably going to suck Sunday with the cold front moving thru. Any tips?

2. hferrell87

hferrell87 Well-Known Member

They will definitely be on the finicky side, but they will still eat. Downsize all baits and try and throw live shrimp or something similar. I find that when the weather changes abruptly and they get lock jaw, I do better throwing very small lures to try and trigger and aggression strike. Depending on where you are fishing, I have been finding reds cruising banks a lot, with their backs out of the water...

3. Vertigo

Vertigo Carpe Diem

Sunday is probably going to suck for fishing. Cold, windy, and the fish are going to be hunkering down. I don't know where you're fishing but around here the best bet would be to run up the creeks, find a deep hole in a spot out of the wind and in the sun. Live bait recommended.

4. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

I'll be just south of you in the mangroves. I've never tried live bait before, this may be a good time to give it a whirl.

Guys, thanks for the input.

5. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

Oh, and the wind is only supposed to be 9 mph Sunday. Saturday will be very windy.

6. camp

camp I Love microskiff.com!

Yep. Best tip I can give you is go fishing. It's fishing, you can't control the weather but you can do your best and have fun trying. Have a great time. Pretty much everyone understands this. It is harder on the host than the guest when the fishing is tough.

7. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

[movedhere] General Discussion [move by] iMacattack.

8. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

well we didn't do the shrimp thing but I got 1 slot red and 4 of these guys late in the afternoon.  my son got a nice snook also and his buddy got a redfish.
    [​IMG]

9. fishrman

fishrman I Love microskiff.com!

we hide on the leeward side of islands and shrimp fish with wind like this.