Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you running this auxiliary PTT and if so, any problems?
I have read some reviews and they are mixed, but the biggest problem is customer service as well as the bottom of the plate needing to be beefed up.
I was looking into this, and thinking of trying to save some money/weight from going w/a MFG's PTT on their motor, but looks like the MFG's PTT might last longer etc.
Thanks,

http://www.cmcmarineproducts.com/products/Outboard-Tilt-and-Trim/CMC-Tilt-and-Trim/CMC-PT-35-Tilt-and-Trim-for-up-to-35-HP

View attachment 3053

·
BBA Counselor
6,804 Posts
I have one now for over 5 years. It works fine, but customer service sucks. Mine showed up with a damaged connector so I called to return it, the guy there argued with me and told me to just cut the connector off and hard wire it. I finally got them to send me a new connector that I had to wire up.
If I ever buy another tnt, not likely, I'll look at Bob's or something, but I'd rather sell my motor and buy one with a proper factory tnt and get a jackplates instead, way more useful.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
7 Posts
I have had my CMC 35 for only about a year. I have it on my 14 skiff with a 20hp. Merc Four stroke. The only thing i have heard about the unite is to make sure you elecs. is well protected There is some breakers that need to be keep dry. I built a box for the breakers and the switch. So far i have not had any problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts