Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone knows of a one or two day class that teaches you how to color match gelcoat? Regardless how many videos I watch on youtube I just can't get it.

G

·
Cody, where are you located? I’d be glad to show you. If you are too far, take a basic art course that teaches painting. The class should teach you about the color wheel and what colors do what ie... yellow/blue=green. With this knowledge it is really just practice.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cody, where are you located? I’d be glad to show you. If you are too far, take a basic art course that teaches painting. The class should teach you about the color wheel and what colors do what ie... yellow/blue=green. With this knowledge it is really just practice.
I'm around 2 hours away from you, located in ft myers. I never thought of a art class, basically the same concept. I'll look around and see what I can find.

G

·
If ya can’t find something, maybe I’ll turn the tech day I plan on doin this summer into an all around day and teach some stuff like color matching and fairing. Will need some small projects for teaching though, any takers?

·
Brandon, FL
12,370 Posts
Being an older boat you are going to have to sand the gel coat in the surrounding area to get the true color. Your's has yellowed a bit over the years and if you match it now it won't match for long and turn darker as it ages.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.