Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone knows of a one or two day class that teaches you how to color match gelcoat? Regardless how many videos I watch on youtube I just can't get it.

B

·
0 Posts
Cody, where are you located? I’d be glad to show you. If you are too far, take a basic art course that teaches painting. The class should teach you about the color wheel and what colors do what ie... yellow/blue=green. With this knowledge it is really just practice.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cody, where are you located? I’d be glad to show you. If you are too far, take a basic art course that teaches painting. The class should teach you about the color wheel and what colors do what ie... yellow/blue=green. With this knowledge it is really just practice.
I'm around 2 hours away from you, located in ft myers. I never thought of a art class, basically the same concept. I'll look around and see what I can find.

B

·
0 Posts
If ya can’t find something, maybe I’ll turn the tech day I plan on doin this summer into an all around day and teach some stuff like color matching and fairing. Will need some small projects for teaching though, any takers?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If ya can’t find something, maybe I’ll turn the tech day I plan on doin this summer into an all around day and teach some stuff like color matching and fairing. Will need some small projects for teaching though, any takers?
Cool, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks

·
Brandon, FL
10,121 Posts
Being an older boat you are going to have to sand the gel coat in the surrounding area to get the true color. Your's has yellowed a bit over the years and if you match it now it won't match for long and turn darker as it ages.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts