SOLD/EXPIRED CL Awesome Project hull

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by mhinkle90, Nov 19, 2012.

1. mhinkle90

mhinkle90 Let it scream!!!

not mine but good deal for a project hull
    http://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/3416509888.html

2. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

"No tittle", that's the scary part.

3. mhinkle90

agreed, but at 100 obo can't really go wrong!

4. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

When I was 12 I had a crappy fiberglass hull I used in my backyard for bass with no title.

Nothing wrong with that.

5. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

The key part of that statement was "in your backyard" Try that out in the goon and I'll see your mug shot on TV! lol

But as was said before, at 100 bucks...it could be well worth the chance! Heck, you could blow 100 bucks on far sillier things! I've seen a few different hull of this "style" redone and they were awesome! If I were single...This would find a place in my back yard quick!

6. jms

jms don't let common sense get in your way

no title is trouble...

if the boat has a registration - it has a title,somewhere...

even for the low price of $100,it's no deal...

7. lemaymiami

lemaymiami Well-Known Member

If I were considering a "no title" purchase the first thing I'd try to do is track down the last listed owner.... That should be pretty simple since you have an intact FL number on that hull..... And I'd make darned sure to do that since the hull numbers on the hull will come back to that FL number if checked. Lastly, any sign that the hull number was removed or altered and I'd run the other way....

8. GoldSpoon

GoldSpoon I Love microskiff.com!

Could you just re-do to make it look like new and register it as home made hull?

I think thats what I would do.

9. mhinkle90

Before buying it I'd head to the DMV ask the procedure and be totally honest with the situation. I'm going to try and contact them just out of interest of what the actual procedure is when I get time today. I'll keep you all in the loop.

10. mhinkle90

I called the DMV here in Miami Dade and told them the situation. They stated to either 1) Ask the seller to request a duplicate title which is a fee of $89. or 2) You and the Seller go to the DMV together and request a Duplicate Transfer so you don't get hit with the transfer and the duplicate. (Two birds one stone).

Now my thinking is if the seller doesn't want to do this then stay away as it could be stolen. But if he is willing to go with you and do the duplicate. Hell you have nothing to lose except a good project skiff ;)

11. bw510

bw510 I Love microskiff.com!

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/3427091280.html
    350$ more and you get a trailer and title!

12. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

That is illegal even though some do it. If you ever get stopped and a decent officer runs the registration it could mean big trouble.

No Title = No Sale! even at $100, there are too many good project hulls out there with titles to take a chance.

$89 is insane! a duplicate title here only cost me $7 and 5 minutes of my time. Also a bill of sale is nearly worthless compared to a proper title so don't fall for that trap.

13. lemaymiami

lemaymiami Well-Known Member

Firecat is right on the money.... Re-titling a boat as "homemade" when it isn't .... is exactly what some boat thieves do. I once knew a marine investigator, and that's one of the more common things you find in the wonderful world of hulls that were actually rips.... We'd need a few hours to go over all the things that thieves and con artists try with boats..... and you don't even want to know how many stolen boats have been located... in another country and simply cost too much to recover.... but that's another story entirely.