Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Wondering if there are any airboat pros out there that can assist in putting a value to this airboat I have been researching:
2012 chuck hawk 12ft with the 6 step
2012 trailer
Rebuilt lycoming 0540 with 50 hours
10:1 pistons
292 cam
10 degree timing
Hyberbaulic cam followers
Turn key

100mph+

South Florida market

appreciate the assistance. if there are forums better suited for this request, please let me know. Thanks

Attachments

Registered
Is that a normal set up? Idk shit about airboats other than they suck, but surely looks like a a lot of motor.

I Love microskiff.com!
Chuck hawk boats have a following but the also have a narrow market. Has it ever had poly? Or just slick bottom? What HP is the 540? Fuel injected or updraft carb? I have a good friend that is really good at market value for S FL. Crazy as F but a good friend!!!!

Registered
Mitzi 17鈥 Tournament Sea Borne 21鈥 Bay
Hi,
Wondering if there are any airboat pros out there that can assist in putting a value to this airboat I have been researching:
2012 chuck hawk 12ft with the 6 step
2012 trailer
Rebuilt lycoming 0540 with 50 hours
10:1 pistons
292 cam
10 degree timing
Hyberbaulic cam followers
Turn key

100mph+

South Florida market

appreciate the assistance. if there are forums better suited for this request, please let me know. Thanks

Registered
It鈥檚 a straight valve 540 so probably 260hp unless there is something done to it. Looks like it still has mags and not electronic ignition. Chuck makes a great hull but they are fast and not made to last forever. I wouldn鈥檛 pay more than 10-12K based on the engine and what the rigging is made of. It鈥檚 probably EMT or DOM.

Registered
And I don鈥檛 believe it鈥檚 a 100mph boat. I鈥檝e seen a lot of fast boats and everyone talks about how fast they are. Maybe on the bottle it might get close but 100 is a big number. I had a Jimmy White step with a 480 and 200 shot of nitrous and got close to 100. I flew it at about 85-90 on Kissimmee after a boat wake rolled through I didn鈥檛 see. You need to know what you鈥檙e doing with a step. They say it鈥檚 not if you sink an airboat but when. Well a step can kill you.

Registered
Yes. They can be ride boats but not the best option as they can only hold two people and are real easy to sink. You tear them up if you try and run dry and the sides are pretty thin. They also go as fast sideways and backwards as the do forwards.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts