chevy pop up ad

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by travischilders, Feb 12, 2013.

1. travischilders

travischilders I Love microskiff.com!

anyone really purchased a new chevy due to the annoying pop up ad on the site?

2. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

no!! as a matter of fact my next truck will most likely be a dodge or ford, i've owned chevy trucks for a long time but just cant get use to the new body style so when i finally get tired of my 02 im moving on to a different brand

3. Wrh6489

Wrh6489 Always good

I did just so the pop ups would go away, but they still keep popping up. I think it has to be a new truck not a used one. Huh... I wonder if it would have to be fully loaded, better call the dealer and ask.

4. luckybone1

luckybone1 I Love microskiff.com!

I had rather eat worms in cow poop than own a Chevy!!

5. Taterides

Taterides Well-Known Member

Chevy made me a believer in Toyota......never again.

6. ifsteve

ifsteve Well-Known Member

Well I did buy a new Chevy and I still get the pop up ads. So much for that theory.

But I won't ever own anything but a GM truck. Have had a number of them and have never had a single issue in over 35 years. No joke. No lie. Not one.

My current truck gets 21 mpg at 68mph. And it is more comfortable and a lot quieter than a Toyota.

7. samay

samay Saltwater Soul

Because of the pop-up, I have decided that I won't even consider buying a Chevy truck.

8. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

I am eligible for the executive employee discount from GM and won't even consider a GM vehicle. Not because of the pop-up (maybe a little) but because they produce non-exciting low quality vehicles. I might consider a buick when I am old, but until then they can park in someone elses driveway.

I also have to admit that I have never bought a single thing from any of the ads on here. The people spending money on their ads are wasting money on me.

9. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

I have a chevy 1500 silverado 04. Its not an amazing truck, but ive never had a problem with it. Im not really brand biased, ive had 3 chevys, 4 fords, a nissan, a dodge. The dodge was problematic but i still liked it for some reason. Recently me and my wife have been looking into a new car for her. We first looked at chevy and all of their cars are boring and ugly and cheap feeling. The only things i would buy from chevy are a truck and a vette. Everything else is ugly, even the camaro
    I had her looking at the ford escape which i really like. She likes it but has her heart set on a nissan rogue, which appears to be a good car too.

10. JBMitziSkiff

JBMitziSkiff Ninja balance is the key... for a poling platfrom

HAD a 07 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 Extended cab. Worst truck I have ever owned! The only thing I liked was the sound of the 5.3 liter other than that it was a tub of junk that squeaked, vibrated, plastic crap everywhere and got 11 mpg when I towed "3.73 gears"my lite Mitzi skiff and got an amazing 13 mpg when I didnt/ The active fuel management was the biggest joke I had ever seen!

Now I own a FORD F150 FX2 with 3.55 gears and an electric locking rear diff. I got the EcoBoost and glad I did. It has a ton of power and respectively great fuel mileage. Around town I average 17-18 and going the speed limit a t 70 I get an astonishing 22-23. It is by far the most enjoyable truck I have ever owned. I do however wish i would have waited for 2013 due to new my ford sync compared to the Sony Nav and sync and of course the new HID lights. But the price went up around 3000 bucks if I price it with all the options I got...so I think I'll stick with my FORD truck. I have had plenty 2002 Nissan Frontier ok truck horrible gas mileage, Dodge 1500 97 almost as bad as the chevy and my favorite but couldnt afford the rising Diesel costs was my 06 F250 FX4 lariat. after getting 4.65 diesel I just had to say bye bye. I will never own anything again truck wise unless it is a FORD!

11. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

If a product is good to begin with then there should be no need for exhausting advertising. Im a loyal Toyota fan. Tundras and 4 Runners to be exact. Its a hard brand to beat when it comes to dependability and most important resale value. You can argue MPG all day but fact is if I wanted something to get 20+ then I would be driving a smart car...

12. JBMitziSkiff

Ha the 20+ MPG on my Ford is a bonus.  I just wanted something that would pull my house down and be reliable.  I tired to like the Tundra, but the sales guy just kept saying things that was untrue.  I told him to just basically stop since he was comparing the Tundra  to an F250 and a Duramax.  Unbelievable. I told him atleast stick to the F150 or 1500.  Just because it can pull a space shuttle doesn't mean it really can pull a space shuttle.  LOL

13. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Yeah the whole shuttle thing gets a little old. Towing wise, Toyota has yet to match any of the diesels. If I were pulling heavy loads then I would have to go with another brand. They are supposed to come out with an eco boost version of the tundra later in life which will be awesome. Ford has a great thing going on there though...

14. JBMitziSkiff

True that will be awesome! I love the looks of the Crew cab Tundra 4x4. Also probably has the coolest back window of any truck on the market! I am not sure why Ford and or Chevy cannot do that. I mean the whole back window goes down!

15. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

Ive owned two GM trucks and they were fine, several fords good all round one dodge(never again). I bought a new Tundra in 2000 xtra cab 4x4 drove it like I stole it for 198,000 miles and only did tires,brakes and oil changes and plugs and sold it to a friend that still drives it. Now I have a 2006 dbl cab 80,000 runs like a champ and looks great. I love the back window and the power. I hear they were putting a Yanmar diesel in them. I will wait for that I have another 100,000 plus miles to go before I consider a change.