Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just got a pair of Rogers breathable. Had good luck with them so far. These have a removable insulated liner for real cold days. 1200g of thinsulate in the boot so the feet stay warm

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
13,690 Posts
Good taste.
If any of you have ever had a cheap pair of waders leak while you are fishing in weather cold enough to wear waders and you get soaking wet you’ll know why these cost so much and are worth every penny! Made in USA and their warranty is top notch. I have the regular G4 Pro for backup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If any of you have ever had a cheap pair of waders leak while you are fishing in weather cold enough to wear waders and you get soaking wet you’ll know why these cost so much and are worth every penny! Made in USA and their warranty is top notch. I have the regular G4 Pro for backup.
Got a new pair of simms flyweight for Wyoming trip in August and were dry and cool . Will be using them soon here in ne Florida.
simms site tonite has, medium 9-11 G3 pants 25% off/$399....I'll be in mine in the morning. Like wearing jeans that stay dry:)

·
Wish'n I was Fish'n!
2,712 Posts
my Simms G4Z waders leaked around the zipper after a couple years

went through over 4 pairs Orvis best waders on customer satisfaction guarantee because the seams started leaking in less than a year

I’m now using the Redington value priced waders for Florida, but still have my old Simms neoprene waders for Canadian waters.

Water Cloud Sky Smile Lake

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
13,690 Posts
my Simms G4Z waders leaked around the zipper after a couple years

went through over 4 pairs Orvis best waders on customer satisfaction guarantee because the seams started leaking in less than a year

I’m now using the Redington value priced waders for Florida, but still have my old Simms neoprene waders for Canadian waters.

View attachment 189908
Did you contact Simms about the zipper issue?

·
Registered
14' Sesquehanna
682 Posts
Every pair of waders I’ve owned(or my buddies) ended up leaking at some point, regardless of price point. Usually the seam tape will give loose at high bend/friction areas (knees/crotch). Buy a cheap pair of Cabelas breathables, then toss them in 3-4 years. Pay 3-4x as much and do the same.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,836 Posts
I have several weights of waders left over from my trout fishing days, including Alaska. But know I'm not going wading till the water temp is warm enough for my skinny ankles.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
13,690 Posts
Every pair of waders I’ve owned(or my buddies) ended up leaking at some point, regardless of price point. Usually the seam tape will give loose at high bend/friction areas (knees/crotch). Buy a cheap pair of Cabelas breathables, then toss them in 3-4 years. Pay 3-4x as much and do the same.
If you get waders that fit right and allow some leg movement it won’t stress the seams and cause leaks. I’d rather have two $900 sets of waders and rotate them while one is getting warranty repairs than buy 6 pairs of cheaper made pairs. My G4Z and G4 Pros have never leaked. I had the Pros 5-6 years and the Z 3 years. In the winter I wade for trophy trout in 30-40 degree temperatures. If you have ever had a cheap ass pair of waders leak and get your jewels wet you’ll toss them and get real ones.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am running the Simms Freestone Z waders, starting their 3rd season. I could not be happier @ $399!
Same as Smackddy, I spend the winter wading for trophy trout and have had a catastrophic cheap wader failure... Never again!

·
Registered
355 Posts
According to Simms, the seam tape is more cosmetic than actual waterproofing function.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts