Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My name is Brian. I grew up in Dade City but have lived in Tampa for the last 15 years. I have a 1958 Runabout made by Lone Star, two canoes and also a home made wooden rowboat. I am an avid camper who loves to do multiple night trips and trips into swampy places that are very difficult to access. I am disabled due to a bad bout with Lyme disease so I get out a lot less than I used to, which is why I am here. I still canoe trip occasionally but it is a huge undertaking for me now. I want to set myself up with a powered camping rig that can get me quickly to a spot up or downstream. After some research I thought this would be the place to get get some answers and advice on a shallow draft boat that can get me into the swamps to camp. I look forward to interacting with you all.

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,428 Posts
Hey Tripper! I too lived up your way for a spell (Zhills/Wesley Chapel)). What area in Tampa Bay are you in?

Fire away with the skiff questions and what swamp? The Withlachoochee? Like in, mud motor swamp, or up in the creeks or the With??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts