SOLD/EXPIRED Charter Arms .38 cal undercover model

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by tojo, Dec 8, 2008.

1. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

This is a decent gun from the reviews that I have read.  This is an original Charter Arms NOT Charter 2000 etc. It is a lightweight easily concealable firearm.

I have never fired the gun, but I will safety check/fire and clean it up for the buyer.

It was not made to handle +P rounds.

I got the gun 12 years ago.  I wrestled it away from a suicidal guy who gave it to me later on to say thanks or whatever.

I'm selling it because I have my boys first shotgun on layaway at Gander Mountain and I want to pay it off.  

Are you ready...$100 takes it!

[​IMG]

2. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

It is still available. I'd like to sell it before XMas. My boys first shotgun is depending on it ;)

3. Lil_Tate

Lil_Tate Well-Known Member

Tony,
    Quick question...I have read about prvt gun sales in FL, but I wanted to ask you. How will you handle this sale? I am about to sell a handgun and have asked the questions. Florida resident with valid drivers license. Not a convicted felon. Proper age. How do you CYA in issues like this. If the gun I sell someone is used in a future crime, I want to make sure my a** is covered. Will you do a bill of sale? Thx

4. litlblusrn4bigred

litlblusrn4bigred Well-Known Member

I once went to buy a 45 cal from a guy at the Mt Dora flea market/antique show and he told me that it would be a private sale. I didnt need a license or anything like that. The law doesnt require any special anything that I know of. Of course this was a couple years ago now, the rules may have changed although the guy still sells guns there. Tony, I was thinkin about buying this gun but, my wife would shoot me with it. Soon though, I will have a nice gun or two. Hope this helped lil tate.

5. Lil_Tate

thx ankledeep.
    I guess my question/concern leads to this:
    I do not really know the person I am selling the gun to. I do not know if they are crazy, are a convicted felon, or have intentions of breaking the law with it.

6. ucfsae81

ucfsae81 Well-Known Member

As long as it is not a class 3 gun you are able to buy, sell, trade and ship to anyone within the state of florida that has a valid and current fl. license. I think this is what they call the gun show loop hole which gets you out of the 3 day waiting period but it has to be a private sale. Most people on the georgia outdoor network will only sell to someone with a concealed carry license since you can't be a felon to have one. Hope this helps

7. cal1320

cal1320 Well-Known Member

Just to CYA in a face to face transfer, ask if they are a convicted felon and exchange copys of FL DLs. If someone buying or selling a gun wont give you a DL copy, walk away.

8. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

All good information so far. I do not ask for id, or do any "checking" on the individual afforded by my job (would be an administrative violation). I do a bill of sale. In the bill I include verbage such as...I represent that I am over 21 and able to legally purchase a firearm in the state of Florida.

Here is my opinion...as long as I do not reasonably believe that the person is a convicted felon, convicted of DV etc, or suffering from a disease of the mind or substance abuse, I am good I have no legal obligation in Florida to ask those questions.

In summary...if someone rolls up in a hoopty saying, Yo, Yo, Yo motherfucker you still got dat piece?" thaey ain't getting it :)

Tony

9. aaronshore

aaronshore Well-Known Member

What if it was me? ;D

You said crappity smack.

10. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

Apparently if you type in a cuss word it automatically gets censored...shall we test it...

shit damn piss fuck asshole pussy

11. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

yup its true...

12. aaronshore

yeah. Censorship is a bitch. When I write fuck I like to see fuck.

13. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

99.9% of that is default stuff that came with the forum software.  ;D I know I added a couple of words when someone got creative. When it first showed up it made for a really good laugh. Now its just tradition. Even Crappity Smacktard shirts have been printed.

14. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

What I did with the buyer when I sell my guns.

I must have their valid current driver's license and print a bill of sale then make a copy with bill of sale and proof of driver's license on the bill of sale. We signed then we both have copies then we are good with proof of purchase, buyer and seller.

I would never take florida idenfication card or anything like that.

I never buy guns from private seller or pawn shops because never know the guns are dirty, stolen or sold it from criminals.

I buy guns only from authorized gun shops and I know the guns are clean.

My 2 cents.

15. aaronshore

Thats funny. I am wearing one of those shirts right now. [smiley=1-lmao.gif]

16. Lil_Tate

shit motherfucker cunt asshole dick pussy
    cock sucking whore ;D ;D

17. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

To answer your question about the gun sale, I am not 100% sure of the criminal implications of selling a gun to another person as far as not being able to do a background check, etc., but certainly no matter what you have them sign you are opening a civil nightmare if they ever use it and someone gets hurt or worse.

10 years ago I just did a firearms bill of sale where I had the gun description, serial #, buyer and seller info (home address, DL # etc.), the date and exact time of the transaction and had both sign it and each got a copy. But the world was a different place 10 years ago... and quite frankly handguns are looked at differently than long guns these days.

In GA, even though I have a CCW license, I can't buy a handgun as I don't have a GA DL, but I can buy an axe, bowie knife, crossbow, shotgun, rifle, heck even a .50 cal Barret sniper rifle!! But no handguns. Makes no sense..

You may want to call a local firearms dealer and ask them to do the transfer, I believe the going rate is $25, and might be the best for both parties.

The risk these days of not knowing who the wacks are out there and possibly selling it to one for future use in a crime ain't worth it for $100 IMHO.

-T

18. ucfsae81

ucfsae81 Well-Known Member

I guess you could use this gun to shoot someone but its really on the bottom of my list especially since its an older model. I'm picking it up just to add to my collection and its a lot cheaper to shoot this than my rifles. But in todays world you are right you never know what some nut job is going to do.

19. BobFLA

BobFLA Well-Known Member

Hey Tojo,
    There are no restrictions, rules, etc when selling/buying from one private individual to another. I would write a bill of sale with the serial number, date, and purchaser's name. Other that that, your good to go.

If you have any questions, call me.
    Best regards
    Bob