Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I love Microskiff
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks
I’ve decided to bite the bullet and buy a chart plotter for my skiff (Simrad or Lowrance pretty much decided on a 9” I’m going to get FMT but still up in the air)
My problem is mounting it my skiff is tiller no console no grab bar no gunnels no really convenient places to attach it and still see when I’m running
I’ll try to load a pic
Anyone else have this problem all ideas appreciated

the fuse block is in the hatch to the left of the switches and the main battery switch is below and to the right and the battery is next to that
Oh yeah it’s o single hull

thanks
Joe

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,288 Posts
Balzout bracket under the bulkhead switches or anywhere you have room with reinforcement carbon fiber plate inside the compartment. I think the longest Balzout arm is 12" .

·
Registered
58 Posts
When I converted my skiff from side console to tiller steering, I lowered the console and used it for my plotter. I also reinforced it and mounted a grab handle on the top for when I use a tiller extension. ..... Building one from scratch wouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
58 Posts
After re-looking at your photo, I was thinking it might be easiest to just add a flat mounting plate to the top of the rod rack and use that to mount the plotter on it's gimbal mount.

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,358 Posts
After re-looking at your photo, I was thinking it might be easiest to just add a flat mounting plate to the top of the rod rack and use that to mount the plotter on it's gimbal mount.

That seems like a good solution to me as well. Or else have a "front porch" shelf like Hells Bay offers or some of us have had custom built.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
541 Posts
maybe a ram mount on the front or back of the rod rack
I have a go9 mounted to the factory grab handle with a handlebar mount for a motorcycle

·
I love Microskiff
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys
Hey Zika what is a front porch do you have a pic

joe

·
I love Microskiff
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks
I bought the HDS Live and the Ballzout mount and a shoot thru transducer so I’m ready to
Fitting it into the space I have still somewhat problematic guess I’ll jump in

Joe

·
I love Microskiff
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well Guys
I got the Ball-Z-Out mount for my 9” HDS Live took some work but got it and a shoot-thru the hull transducer w/remote temp
Thought I’d post a few pics
Thanks for the help
Joe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts