Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,550 Posts
What year is your motor? Pre 95 only thing that needs to be changed is the Carb & Intake. In 96 and later it was an entirely different block assembly. Just an FYI it's not going to make much a difference I have done probably 50 conversions and your talking .05 shaved off your hole shot and maybe 1-2 mph increase on top speed, although it does tend to idle better.

· Registered
1,550 Posts
It's an entirely different block assembly; you would be better off buying a 35hp then trying to convert that one. I’m actually friends and worked for the engineer who designed the OMC 35hp. And as I said in my previous post you’re not going to realize much gain, the guys who say otherwise are also the guys who think that a K&N filter makes their car/truck faster.

Look for a 40hp if you want more performance.

· I Love microskiff.com!
2 Posts
Its a 2005 what would have to be on that year model to upgrade hp and how much hp would you really gain? thanks for all the info
I know this is a pretty old post but did you end up doing this? If so, how did it work? I have the same 05 25hp and just came across a 30hp carb. Just curious if it was worth it and if anything else was involved.

· Premium Member
4,420 Posts
I know this is a pretty old post but did you end up doing this? If so, how did it work? I have the same 05 25hp and just came across a 30hp carb. Just curious if it was worth it and if anything else was involved.
You will probably need the reed stops and maybe the exhaust tuner from a 30 to see any real gains. You can go to boats.net and cross reference said parts between hp’s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.