SOLD/EXPIRED Challenger Skiff Pretty Special

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by millerrep, Jan 31, 2015.

1. millerrep

millerrep I Love microskiff.com!

Going to make change, so my Challenger Skiff is on the market.  I have owned it for short while, but it's evolution and history are well documented on this site, also Fl, Sportsman forum.  I got the skiff from the fellow who restored it, who is a well respected member of this site. 

Would like it to go to someone who will a respectful owner.  It is a good running, very good handling 16, crazy good on the eyes, shallow, super shallow, and I am a canoe man.

Rock solid skiff,  40hp 2 stroke Yamaha.  Ramlin trailer, MK 55 lb 55 inch shaft, bow mount on a detachable bluepoint bracket,  ready too launch. I'd put this in my living room if I had the room.  I have 13,800 in it and would take the same to the right buyer.  I will get some pictures up, but google Challerger Skiff,  it's the Fighting lady yellow hull, with teak fore and aft spray rails. 
    Thanks
    Bill Miller
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MATT likes this.
  2. TC

TC I Love microskiff.com!

I assume this was Snookdaddy's. If so, she's a sweet classic.

3. millerrep

Yes Sir, Snookdaddy's -  agree she's real sweet. 

Thanks

4. el9surf

el9surf Well-Known Member

If I had the money I would buy it. Beautiful boat, good luck with the sale!

5. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

Here's a link to my original selling post with more photos...  http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1397269384/0

This skiff has been garage kept since being restored and Bill Miller has taken great care of this boat since buying it from me last year.  He added the new Minn-Kota trolling motor since I sold the boat..

If you're in the market for a "one of a kind", historically significant poling skiff, you owe it to yourself to take a look at this Challenger in person..  I believe this is the finest example on the water today and a bargain when compared to other skiffs in this class.

Bill,

I would be happy to answer any questions about the build to interested parties, if needed..

Bob

6. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

This is the kind of rig I kick myself in the azz for not buying from Snook originally when it was offered. And I'm now kicking myself again for having bought another skiff recently. Best of luck on the sale, someone is going to get a top notch flats rig that is pretty much in a class of its own..

7. Shadowcast

Shadowcast Ankona Sales Rep

This skiff haunts me. I've wanted it for years!

8. millerrep

No worries Shadowcast, she's sleeping in the garage.. Will see some sun this weekend though. +

9. millerrep

10. Snooknut

Snooknut Well-Known Member

Bump for this beautiful classic. 

11. Snookdaddy

This was my old skiff and I did the restoration. If you have any questions about the restoration or any questions about the original build, feel free to call me between 6pm - 10pm week days and anytime on weekends..

This skiff is an iconic classic and beautifully restored.. You truly have to see it in person to appreciate how this boat was constructed and how nicely it was restored..

There is not another skiff like it at any price!

I have been going back and forth on buying it back, but my family dictates the need for a bigger boat..

Bob
    eight - six - three 581-0072

12. Snookdaddy

I just found out today my old Challenger skiff is still for sale..

I'm going to attach my original post where you can find additional information and photos..

If you're looking for a very shallow draft, lightweight poling skiff, you would be hard pressed to find a better skiff for the money.. 

Here's my original post: 

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1397269384/30 

Although I no longer own this skiff, I would be happy to answer any questions you have..

Thanks,

Bob

[​IMG]
    ** Photo of the skiff the day I sold it **

13. Snookdaddy

By the way, this Challenger was made in 1982 by Perfection Industries as a flats skiff from the inception.. Most of the older models were runabouts that owners added top caps to make them into a flats skiff.. Additionally, This skiff is foam cored and extremely light..

MATT likes this.
  14. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

I remember seeing this skiff when I was in ENP with a few Gheenoe Guys I about wrecked turning around and chatting with Snookdaddy that day Great Skiff and a royal chain of guys that have owned her. Hope she stay's in Florida I would hate to see such beauty leave our great State,

15. Net 30

Net 30 Soy un Perdedor

PM sent or Conversation sent….I think.

MATT likes this.
  16. millerrep

The Fighting Lady Yellow Challenger has a new owner. She should be making appearances at Snake Bite soon.

Sold