SOLD/EXPIRED Challenger Skiff on Ebay

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Snookdaddy, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

This is not my Challenger, but it may be a good deal for anyone looking for a classic Challenger.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0587704086&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The Ebay ad indicates that the boat is a 1980 Challenger.  I believe this boat is an older "original" Challenger from the late 50's or early 60's that was refitted in the 80's. 

Since I have have restored my current Challenger and have an interest in Challengers, I called the guy and asked a few questions about the boat and what he wants for the boat.

I believe the boat could be bought for $2500 - $3000 and may be worth it, providing that the hull is sound.  The fellow indicated that the Mercury O/B is in pristine condition and has low hours.

Again, this is not my boat and I do not have any incentive to post this here, except that it may be of interest to a fellow Microskiff member.

It would definitely be a great classic skiff for someone looking for one of the original boats used to fish the flats.

Bob

2. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Cool find, thanks for sharing!

3. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

Dam thats tempting Snookdaddy. I just sold my boat and have some money. I have always loved the lines of that boat. Do you know where he is located? The only thing bad is those cheesey ass hatches. I thnk my wife would kick me in the nuts if I brought anither "project" home. Just finished my motorcycle resto last night. HMMMN

4. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

He's in Miami and I can get you his phone number if interested.

I can't stand the hatches either and would glass in gutters with real hatches.

I'm pretty sure this is an old late 50's to 60's Challenger and would look at it as if it has to be totally restored unless the guy coud provide documentation on when the restoration took place and who did the work.

I know the guy will take 3K for the boat, but restoring is time consuming, labor intensive and $$$.

The 60hp Merc is supposed to be pristine and looks decent. I would consider this boat compelling for a restoration if you could buy it for $2000 - $2500.

The trailer is worth $200 at the most and I would get rid of it asap. The motor is worth $1000 if it is as clean as the guy describes.

I have my Challenger and don't need another, but I would be very interested if he would let it go for 2 - 2.5K. Add another 2-4K and some time and you would have a classic.