Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Basic Info:
Challenger 16' - 1983. Restored in 2006. Hull is rock solid. Fuel Tank in perfect condition. Garage kept.

* Yamaha 40hp 2 stroke with less than 450 total hours. This Yamaha weighs only 158lbs and is in great shape. Non-ethanol gas and ring free always. Yearly annual maintenance in May 2021.
Gently used and one hell of an outboard!

* 2019 Continental Aluminum "Dry Launch" torsion axle trailer, including walk board and aluminum wheels. Trailer has low miles and is like new..

* Custom made boat cover that goes all the way to the water line.

$12,000 Please call or text 863-five eight one-0072 with any questions or serious inquiries. Located in Lakeland, FL 33803

More in depth info:
One of a kind and historic poling skiff!

This boat was the epitome of South Florida poling skiffs and was constructed from the ground up as a poling skiff. A composite cored hull makes this one of the lightest skiffs of any Challenger ever manufactured. Perfection Industries (a manufacturer of much larger yachts) built a handful of these skiffs back in the early 80's.

The "round chine" Challenger is synonymous with the ability to achieve plane in the shallowest of waters Flamingo has to offer. Draft is 4.5" at rest and 6" with peeps and gear.

I'm fairly certain there's less than 10 Challengers that are still in use and I believe this is one of the finest examples available.

I restored this skiff in 2004 - 2005 with the following:

* Professionally painted with Imron 2 part paint on the hull, deck and inside of every hatch, including epoxy coated 22 gallon aluminum baffled fuel tank. Teak spray and chine rails finished with 3 coats of West Systems UV epoxy with an additional 3 coats of Imron "high solids" clear coat. Skiff has normal wear for a 16 year old restoration.

* Fully guttered dry hatches that are the driest I've ever seen.

* I personally rewired the entire hull to "Hells Bay" standards using only Ancor tinned marine grade wiring, heat shrink connections and dielectric grease on every connection. Every single electrical connection is clean and every electrical component works as new!

* 316 Stainless Steel hardware throughout.

* Teleflex NFB steering with Stainless steering wheel.

* Teleflex Tachometer w/hour meter and Teleflex water pressure gauge.

* Wired for trolling motor with a removable "goose neck" Bluepoint trolling motor bracket.

* Recent annual maintainance on outboard including water pump, thermostat, plugs, lower unit oil and zinc anodes in May 2021.

This skiff has normal scuffs and scratches to be expected from a 16 year old restoration.

I really want this boat to go to someone that will appreciate her lineage and fish her more than I've been able to.

$12,000

Wheel Tire Watercraft Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Plant Boat trailer Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wood Rectangle Road surface Flooring Asphalt

Plant Motor vehicle Watercraft Automotive tire Tree

Wheel Plant Tire Tarpaulin Tree

Automotive exterior Wood Line Floor Vehicle

Bottle Bottle cap Beer Liquid Drinkware

Water Boat Watercraft Vehicle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Water Boat Vehicle Naval architecture Watercraft

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are those bait well hatches on the stern? This thing is awesome, how does it pile and float, about all I know about these hulls is they are older from 60’s?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are those bait well hatches on the stern? This thing is awesome, how does it pile and float, about all I know about these hulls is they are older from 60’s?
The Port side sponson is a simple flow through live well. The Starboard side is storage.

This 1983 Challenger is much lighter than those made in the 50's and 60's. Draft is right at 6" loaded with 2 anglers and 4" loaded without anglers. Poles and spins better than my Waterman 18'.

·
Registered
Perfection Challenger
26 Posts
Wow! That's an incredible deal.

How incredible? Well, my quote to just paint my Challenger was more than the asking price for this entire skiff. Lol, frankly I'm a little depressed this is so cheap! :)

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1959 elgin
152 Posts
Beautiful boat. Someone needs to make a mold off one of those hulls. GLWS!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts