Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need some advice from anyone that has fished East Matagorda Bay with the buggy whip. Heading down to a friend’s place and he said fly fishing East Maty wouldn’t be fruitful due to water clarity for site fishing and fact that it’s more open water. My friend doesn’t really fly fish so I’m a little skeptical to take his advice. I’d like to take my skiff and try. Anyone have any first hand experience and could recommend some patterns that work well this time a year?

·
Registered
37 Posts
East Matty can be temperamental depending on wind direction. Although in the fall/winter the marsh does clean up pretty nicely. Twpd found some decent snook down there on the south shoreline last week or so. I'd have a box of your favorite crack style pattern

·
Registered
903 Posts
I’m still new to E Matty and prefer W Matty but often end up all the way down by Port O looking for good water. I’ve poled around a bit in the back lakes N and W of both E and W and there are fish, as well as lots of oysters and mud. I’d take both conventional and fly tackle and just fish it. South shoreline can be good.

Reactions: Bgossett
1 - 4 of 4 Posts