SOLD/EXPIRED Central Florida Marine - LowTide15 DH-C

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by tom_in_orl, May 19, 2007.

1. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Saw this when I was over there. 20 HP Yamaha 4 stroke. CMC TnT. $11,500

Pictures are from my phone. :-[
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Given our recent discussion about more expensive used Gheenoes not selling very well, I wonder if CFM sells very many of these $11K boats?

3. tom_in_orl

Used and new are two different markets. The 2nd factor keeping the price down on high end used Classics are the new hull designs. Yes, all of you who have Classic DH-Cs for sale are going to take a hit and there is not a lot you can do about it. Demand has shifted to the Lowtide models.

This is not a Gheenoe issue. This happens all the time in other industries too. A new automotive body style is launched and the previous body style depreciates. A new gaming console, CPU or graphics card comes out and the previous model depreciates. Translate that back to your situation and best thing you can do is keep your boat and enjoy fishing.

Back to the subject at hand. How about this.......

1. You are the typical average boat buyer with money for a new boat
    2. You want a NEW boat.
    3. You have no special connections to the marine industry.
    4. You are not cheap/frugal or a bargin shopper (what ever you want to call it)
    5. You are not mechanically inclined you prefer to put your trust in a dealership that you know does quality work

I am speculating but based upon their inventory and how frequently I see different boats for sale there I would the answer is yes CFM does sell them at that price.

4. rcmay

rcmay Well-Known Member

IMO, CFM sells to the guy who likes the look of a gheenoe, but not someone on this message board. I think you can gain enough knowledge on here, to make a more wise decision about where you buy your boat. I personally wouldnt buy another one there. I bought my NMZ hull/trailer there but only because it was the same price and I didnt have to wait for it.

5. whitesnook

whitesnook Guest

I agree with him
    [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. beavis

beavis Well-Known Member

It can also be a matter of when you want something. CFM has an item in stock that you can walk out with the same day. And it is also a new item that has a decent wait time if you order it probably from anywhere else. I know several people are waiting for new ones right now. They maybe wanted something special or different. Or that one right there could be exactly what some one is looking for and not have to wait a day. You may save a little money waiting or getting it somewhere else. Or you spend a little extra and be on the water that afternoon. My preference would be to spend the little extra money and be on the water that afternoon.

It is just like buying stuff on ebay. If it is something you really want or hard to find, you can risk being out bid and losing the item or just hit the "buy it Now " button and guarantee you get it.

7. whitesnook

whitesnook Guest

yeah but its worth it to save several of thousands of dollars to wait for several months to get a new gheenoe and also CFM had a hard time to sell the high dollars flats boats due the price to too high for the customers. CFM had a 2007 Maverick Flatsboat with 60hp 4-stroke for $32,500 and I found one exactly the same one in Pensacola for $27,800.00, so I rather to pick one up in Pensacola, Fl. Just a Thought.....

8. beavis

beavis Well-Known Member

On a maverick with almost a five thousand dollar difference, you could bargain with CFM. Was it exactly the same in terms of all the options on the two boats. Lets assume they are exactly the same. You could drive to Pensacola and back in maybe 3 tanks of gas and basically a very long day or break into 2 days. And you can charge your time to go get it into the equation if you really want to. SO lets say to bargain with CFM to get with in 1000 bucks. That gets them at least in the ball park and takes a lot of hassle without having to drive very far. If they don't want to bargain, take a road trip.

On that paticular gheenoe right there, you are not going to save anywhere near that kind of money by going somewhere else. Everything that low tide has on it is going to cost. Plus all the rigging. If your liucky you might save a couple hundred bucks and have to wait, what , 2-3 months. Per the CG site, a custom DH-c classic is 4K and then your engine controls and CMC are probably 3500-4000. Then a trailer for 5-6 hundred. Then lights wiring, rigging, battery or 2. That is the classic and the one at CFM is a a low tide. Few more dollars there. Also my assumption is that someone does not currently have a boat. If someone has one already, then it may not be a big deal to wait. You are also assuming money is the most important factor here. Sometimes money does not matter and time does.

9. rcmay

rcmay Well-Known Member

good debate beavis! what is time worth? To some the saving money is worth the time without a boat, and to some money is no object. To each his own. I would be the guy right in the middle, I wouldnt mind spending a little extra so I didnt have to wait, but there would be a point where depending on the savings I could wait a little bit to save alot of dough!

10. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

You guys are singing my song...

Last year I bought my 06 DH-C from CFM. I paid 10.4 for it and had to add the troller and hybrid etc.

Tom and Beavis are on point.

1. I am not mechanically inclined and did not want someone elses problem

2. I wanted EXACTLY what I wanted and wanted it new.

3. There was no used market for DH-C's like there has been recently.

4. There was NO wait as compared to from the shop and pricing was the same.

It was a no brainer for me and I made the decision knowing that I would never get my money out of it.

If there were more choices (good deals) available at the time I might have conceded and gone for one, but I was not willing to wait and the boat was worth what I paid...to me.

For the record..I was not happy with my experience there and don't recommend them, or have my boat serviced there, but if they had a boat that I wanted when I wanted it and their price was where it needed to be...I'd do it again...cause it is what it is...

RCMay careful with assumptions...I am on my fourth Noe. and have been around here for awhile. My decision was not only "informed", but again EXACTLY what I wanted, when I wanted, for the price I was willing to pay. Thats pretty informed I think (That is not a personal shot for the record), just want to offer the other side of the debate.

Conversely, I would never, never wait multiple months for a boat I just could not do it. As a card carrying member of the Pepsi Generation I say, "I want it now and super size it!" ;)

Tony

11. captnron

captnron Guest

The only reason that the Olive NMZ next to this boat isn't in my shop is because Tom made me  ;D ;D ;D order mine from the factory exactly the way I want it.  Not a day goes buy during my build that I don't check to see if this one still in stock.  I'm into instant gratification - I WANT IT NOW!  That's why they will sell them at the price they are asking.

RJ brings up the best point.  What's your time worth?  Money can't replace any fishing days with friends. ;)

12. tom_in_orl

Getting baited on a fishing forum. Ahhhh, the irony........

Captnron = [smiley=joker.gif]

13. tito

tito Well-Known Member

Saw a real nice boat at CFM, its called a MITZI skiff, looks like a gladesman's bigger brother, they want 17000, oops too much for what I want to spend, and the bigger flats hewes and mavericks 35,000. the lt 25 was real nice 10,500, I think its a good deal. I miss my gheenoe, if only it had a steering wheel. CFM is in business, of course he has to make money.

14. tom_in_orl

Its a LT15 just in case someone reads that and gets confused ;)

15. litlblusrn4bigred

litlblusrn4bigred Well-Known Member

thats ridiculous money for a gheenoe. i bought my first gheenoe from them and the guy who sold it to me charged me 15 bucks for a boat plug, i told him to keep that one and I will go to bass pro and pay 3.99......those guys are a bunch of liars!! they lie to sell you the boat. i will never buy anything from there again.

16. captnron

captnron Guest

Wow. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

You have the right not to buy from them but from your post you say thet they"charged' you $15.00 for a plug. Sounds more like they offered you one for $15.00 and in that case you have the right to refuse it and buy somewhere else. But I have to ask, how much time and money did you spend to drive to BPS? Not to mention that you didn't get out of BPS for $3.99. ;) (Just a hunch here). Maybe a difference in quaility, maybe not. :-/ :-/ You may have to back up the accusation of "liars" though. Any time I buy from a dealer, I expect to pay more and I have only heard good things about CFM.

By the way, someone did the math and the price seemed to be in line to me.

But that's just my .00000000000002 sense

CR

17. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

I just priced out a Lowtide 25 DH-C through the shop in Titusville rigged similar to this one and it came in @ 12k.
    I think CFM is pretty close to the mark on pricing. It all depends on what you want and are willing to pay for. Allen at CFM treated me well while I was there, but I've never been through the ordeal of buying a boat or getting service there. My .02

18. captnron

captnron Guest

That was my point.  $11,500.00 sounded right in line to me.  I've never done business with CFM and can appreciate the fact that 12K is a lot of money for a little boat but to call someone a "liar" on a public forum with a $15.00 drain plug as the backing is pretty strong verbage and a pretty week defense.

In my business when a topic like this came up about pricing, we used to ask the customer if they could make and sell it cheaper. ;) The trick was to do it without sounding like a wizeazz. ;)

19. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

Ok..I'll bite...what was the lie?

20. captnron

captnron Guest

Ahem, tojo.  This is the CFM bashing thread and if you can't conduct yourself accordingly...... ;D ;D ;D ;D

BTW - well put. ;) Inquiring minds want to know.