Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Not all side consoles are the same. You absolutely are not doing that with mine. If I try and run standing I have to lean/haunch over to maintain a proper grip on the wheel. In the off chance you do hit some unseen obstruction... you’d be toast. No way is it going to stop forward momentum being at your knees.
I hear you, may matter quite a lot on each console.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The thing I don't like with cc (and I've had a bunch of them) is that when you have two people (you and someone else), the cc is not normally in front of you while driving. You seem to always have to reach for the throttle or steering wheel. The other thing with cc is access to wiring sucks if you have to work in there and seems most cc boats have a ton of wires in them. SC gives you more room to move around. Con; As a fly guy, in most of the sc skiffs, you tend to not have long enough storage for fly rods on the side where the console is. For micro skiff's I like SC. In the end, it's all about what you like.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have both, center and side consoles, and prefer the side console with tiller steering. I mostly fish alone, and move around in the boats a good bit. The side console leaves an open pathway for the length of the boat. At slow speed I'm standing in the center of the boat anyway with a tiller extension.

View attachment 143288

View attachment 143290

View attachment 143292

Yes, Good Looking Rigs! ... I fish alone a lot also & just recently took delivery of side console Mosquito. SC allows me to move around easily the length of boat. Really opens up the boat and fits me well as I get older. .... LOVE the Quotes on your Posts Salty Dog! This country needs to adhere more to your last quote right now and stop all this destructive stuff going on!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts