Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new skiff owner here. My center console on my boat is coming off. It doesn't have any screws bolting it to the hull. It seems to either be plastered or somehow attached to the hull with fiberglass or something (I don't know). How can I fix this? Is there any way I cant attach L-brackets and bolt it down? Is there a certain epoxy I can use? What would be the best fix?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Highly doubt that came from east cape that way. It appears someone may have performed some weak repairs. Perhaps hiding something with lots of gelcoat. Hard to see on my phone. Remove completely, sand down to fiberglass and glass back into place the right way. Could use brackets but fiberglass will be cleaner and as strong.

·
I love my microskiff
1998 AC 1890 Gheenoe 13HS
413 Posts
Needs to be glassed in properly. It looks like it was held there with 5200 or something....yikes. I'd have that done professionally. Buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I would take it to either East Cape of the Skiff shop for a proper repair. No way that was a factory installation, it looks like a tiller console out of an Ankona to me. I have also never seen a Glide with no gunnels.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I would take it to either East Cape of the Skiff shop for a proper repair. No way that was a factory installation, it looks like a tiller console out of an Ankona to me. I have also never seen a Glide with no gunnels.
I think you are right! Console looks an awful like Ankona.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.