Center Console Classic w/ Yamaha 25 hp 4 stroke - what SS prop?

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by areastwood, Apr 30, 2009.

1. areastwood

areastwood I Love microskiff.com!

I have a 2006 Dual Hatch Center Console Classic with a Yamaha 25 hp 4 stroke on a CMC trim & tilt unit. I fish in skinny water in Mosquito Lagoon and also fish the St. Johns. I fish half the time with another person. I want to go with a SS prop so I can use my aluminum for a spare. I want a good hole shot and decent all around performance.

2. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Does the skiff shop answer these or anyone with a bit of prop knowledge?

While were waiting. How high is cavitation plate compared to the bottom of the transom? Answers would be below it by x inches, even, above by x inches.

3. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

A few more questions. What prop is on there now? Do you have a tach? If so what is your RPMs at WOT.

4. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

10x12 stainless steel 3 blade propeller for all around performance and better hole shot than stock propeller.

10X11 4 blade with standard cup stainless steel propeller for instant holeshot, raise your motor little bit higher to run shallower and very good cruising speed.

Www.theskiffshop.com

Ask for Ron.

5. areastwood

areastwood I Love microskiff.com!

Thanks for the info.

The motor is mounted with the cavitation plate at about 2 inches above the bottom of the transom. Would this be correct for a 10 x 12 ss prop? I go with the 4 blade prop 10 x 11 prop what height shoud the motor be?

I haven't got a tach yet, but am planning on installing one soon.

6. Tom_C

Tom_C Well-Known Member

You need to install the tac, find out what your WOT RPM is at the height of your motor. If you want the best prop.

7. The_Skiff_Shop

The_Skiff_Shop Well-Known Member

This section is only sponsored by The Skiff Shop but I try to answer all I can. Anyone with prop knowledge is encouraged to answer since sponsorship does mean it's a permanent gig.

I can be reached @ ron@theskiffshop.com for individual attention.

Thanks,
    CR/TSS