CCA Maryland - Red Trout Tournament Sept. 24-25

Discussion in 'Virginia, Northern East Coast' started by Maryland Mitzi, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Maryland Mitzi

Maryland Mitzi Well-Known Member

Posting this up for anyone that might be interested.

Should be fun event again this year and it looks like this year is going to be a little better for the specks.

http://www.ccamd.org

2. Maryland Mitzi

This event is held out of Crisfield, MD and open to fishing in MD and VA

3. CrappieFisherman

CrappieFisherman Small fish, Big tales

Sorry, this is a link to the website. What is the event?

4. Maryland Mitzi

https://www.facebook.com/events/291399704534630/

The information will be added, and sign up will be directly on the CCA MD website soon. Above is the Facebook event link

CrappieFisherman likes this.
  5. hurricane bubba

hurricane bubba Well-Known Member

Any news or fishing reports for the area, Crisfield, Chincoteague Bay, etc? I will be heading over to the Eastern Shore for a month long work trip and bringing the boat. Last year I was able to get out and fish a couple of times around the Crisfield area and did pretty well (Rock, Blues, Small Trout, Flounder) on soft plastics, topwater, and EP Minnows. I'm working out of Wallops and would like to get over to the back bay areas a little closer to the base but don't know much about the area other than the skeeters are bigger and more aggressive than anything in FL and the shoals move faster than anyone can keep track of.

Does anyone have any reports for the area? So much water and so little time.

Thanks,
    Bubba

6. Maryland Mitzi

Some bull reds are being caught on both ocean and bay side. They are coming in to spawn. Trout are starting to move shallower and into the creeks as the temps decrease. Looks like its going to be a nice early fall late summer.

7. hurricane bubba

Thanks Matt! Now I just wish the wind would cooperate. I'd really like to fish the Chincoteague/Assateague Inshore areas this year.

8. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

Going to be a fun event! I had a great time last year!

9. hurricane bubba

I didn't have enough time to head up to Day 1 of the CCA tournament yesterday so I put in in Onancock. Great small town! Friendly people! Some of the nicest waterfront homes I've ever seen on the way out of the river! It was a little breezy but I managed to fish the areas around the mouth of the river. Not much going on; the tide was outgoing the entire time I was on the water. Tons of dink stripers and trout. I was keeping an eye open for any redfish pushing around on the flats or along the bank but between the water clarity and the wind it was hard to see much.

Eventhough fishing didn't produce much to write about visiting a new fishing grounds and seeing the sights was pretty cool. I'll be looking forward to seeing the results from the CCA Red Trout tournament.

r,
    Bubba

10. Maryland Mitzi

It was a tough weekend for me, I ended up fishing out of the kayak, ended up hitting a deer Saturday morning, did a good bit of damage to my truck. Then I lost a trout yak side that would have won overall biggest trout.

Results:

The final results are as follows:

Boat- (3 fish team stringer)

1st. - Team Barely Made It. ( 3 Redfish, 47-7/8, 46-1/4, 44-1/2 = 138-5/8 total stringer)

Martin Koerner, Neil Stevens, Kyle Koerner, Vince Lusby, Brooks Dodson. ( from Crisfield)

2nd - Team Local Boys, Capt. Kevin Josenhans.

Dave Wilmouth, Ron Long, Capt. Kevin Josenhans ( 3 Rockfish, 29-5/8, 25-3/4, 31 = 86-3/8”)

3rd. - Team Kimbro’s Friends II

Capt. Shawn Kimbro, Rich Jenkins, Jamie Clough ( Speck- 21.5”, Rock 27, Rock 21.75=70.25”)

Kayak( 3 fish Stringer)

1st-Gary Marine- 18.5” speck, 23.5” Rock, 20.125” Rock = 62-1/8"

2nd-Shane Clift- 18.25”, 16.5”, 18.75” Speck= 53.5"

Gina Tyler- 26” 22” Rock =48”

Largest fish divisions:

Kayak

Rock: Gina tyler- 26"

Speck: Shane Clift- 18.75"

Red: n/a

Boat

Rock: Dave Wilmouth- 31"

Speck: Jamie Clough- 21.5”

Red: Martin Koerner- 47 7/8”

Calcuttas:

Longest Fish: Martin Koerner- 47-7/8” Red

Fly: Mike Dunlap- 22-1/4” Rock

Crisfield Slam: Largest stringer of one of each species ( max 5 qualifying) Team with most inches wins, but more species trumps inches.

Winners: Team Barely Made It

81-5/8” Redfish, Rock, Blue

Rising Tide Kids Division: Carter Whaley(Age 5): Speck 14.25” and Blue: 13.75”

11. ZaneD

ZaneD Active Member

Anyone Fishing this event this year??

12. Maryland Mitzi

I'll be there, fishing out of my kayak again.