Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Thursday my build was complete and I was able to pick up my new Cayo 173! I cannot express how pleased I am with the boat and quality. The guys at Cayo did an amazing job and the boat is better than I even expected. I went with a center console powered by a Suzuki 60. The hull is whisper grey with a ice blue brights, and then back to whisper grey for the non-skid. It is really hard to get a picture that shows how great this looks in person. The only thing that has not been completed is the Seadek which will be storm grey and blue to match the boat. I was able to get the boat out a few times this weekend, but forced myself to spend the time breaking in the motor instead of focusing on fishing; very very difficult but it was successful. The Suzuki is quiet and seems to be a great match for the Cayo 173.

More pictures and fish to come...

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Holy shit, that's cool.

Talk to me about that console. I'm assuming you left off the cooler to be able to use something like a yeti in it's place? It's something I've considered on an off but it may be too late to make changes anyway

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@jmrodandgun Yeah, I am pretty sure it's one of the first he did without the jumpseat/cooler console. I wanted it that way to put my cooler there. A yeti 35 fits perfectly in that spot. I feel like a yeti in it's place can double as a platform if needed. Also, if I want to open up the area some I can just leave the cooler out.

·
Rex Kwan Do Dojo
2,178 Posts
She's a beauty. Once you get her dialed in post some performance numbers. Congrats!

·
FlounderPounder
1,239 Posts
Cape Coral? Hopefully I see you around the area so I can get a look at this thing. It's gorgeous!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
108 Posts
Man I'm really diggin this Cayo! I've been following their builds since I first saw one a while back with a 25hp tiller. You set this one up perfect in my opinion and I'd do my console the exact same way if I was building one, that is bad ass.

Congrats!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Man I saw this one in the shop a few times, and I was really hoping to see the final product before they delivered it. You've got a perfect rig there.

·
Lip Ripper
1,715 Posts
Congratulations on the new boat! I bet you're ready to wear the new off!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
She's a beauty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@mtoddsolomon I am very ready to wear off the new, can't wait for some free time and good weather!

@TylertheTrout2 I may have to hit you up on that. I haven't been in Estero Bay much but I always like to try new areas and learn new places.

@K3anderson I don't know what the wait time is currently, these other guys seem to have a pretty good idea. I can tell you that my wait time was longer than has been posted, but my boat was started when they were still in their smaller old shop. They have since moved and I was told that they can get production up now which should help with wait times. Wish I had a better answer for you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts