Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of tripping over my trolling motor cables that run through the front hatch, so I'd like to install a Battery Tender plug on the deck as close to the trolling motor as possible. There is a small bulkhead inside the front hatch, but I'm unsure what is behind that bulkhead (empty? foam?). Wondering if any members have a plug on the deck of their 173, and where it's located.
thanks.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Mine is empty. I don't have a hatch bucket or bulkhead in my front hatch. Just a fuel tank. Negative on the deck plug as well. The only place I've seen a battery tender plug is on the front bulkhead. Seems like it wouldn't last long facing upright in saltwater.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a hatch bucket up front either, but way up in the front of the hatch is a small bulkhead that is about a foot from the very front of the boat. It keeps me from seeing how the bow-eye is attached, and I'm wondering if I drill through it to snake the cable and run into a bunch of foam, that might affect my willingness to go through with the change. And the skiff doesn't see much salt these days, so I'm less concerned with the corrosion issue.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Well damn. Mine has it too. I guess I never noticed. I very seriously doubt there is any foam up there but once when I was 10, I was wrong about the pronunciation of the name of a power hitting first basemen's for the Detroit Tigers in the early 1990's. So I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
548 Posts
A Hells Bays for sale on here recently, think it was newer Pro, had a through deck water proof trolling motor plug. That may be your best option

1 - 5 of 5 Posts