Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Cayman bonefishing vid/LGI pics

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Danny Moody 
#1 ·
Had a sweet week vacation with my girlfriend in Grand Cayman, then locally to LGI for two days. I highly recommend a visit to cayman if you haven't been. We took one guided trip with @345onthefly which was great! Then did some bonefishing on our own for a little bit the next day. We didn't fish too much, but it was amazing when we did. Hit up duppy fly co for the flies! I used one of his flies the whole time and was never turned down if I got it in front of a bones face. He used to live there and knows whats up.
There's a lot to do on the island. Definitely do stingray city. The crystal caves were nice, but not really crystals. Cimboco was our favorite spot to eat for a good price. We stayed at comfort suites on 7 mile beach, which was relatively cheap with a great free breakfast. Big tarpon everywhere off the rock shore by restaurants. You can snorkel pretty much anywhere too. Its an all around great place to visit!
Came back and went to our place on LGI for 2 days. The snook were on fire! my gf got her first tarpon on fly. The big poons were said to be 4-5 miles off the beach, so didn't try that out much. I know they're in big pass though, but I didn't spend any time over there. It was pretty busy for memorial weekend.

Fish Fishing Fish Fisherman Recreation
Soil Geology Adaptation Geological phenomenon Geologist
Fish Fishing Recreational fishing Recreation Fish
Fish Fishing Fish Bass Striper bass
Fish Fish Trout Bass Bony-fish
Fishing Fish Recreational fishing Recreation Fish
Fish Fish Fishing Bass Recreation
Fish Fish Fishing Pike Bass
Fish Fish Fishing Recreation Recreational fishing
Fish Tree Bass Fish Recreation

See less See more
1 10
#6 ·
Haha yeah wind was gnarly the whole time. Made it a little tough but was fun. I'm glad you talked me into going to Cayman! I definitely want to go again someday.

Nice fish. Looks like the windy conditions allowed you to creep a little closer. Good stuff.
Thanks! Yeah it was non stop wind the whole time I was there. Still such a great time and awesome fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.