Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Casting platform placement on seadek

786 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Ben Sheppard 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I am about to place an order for a casting platform. My bow deck has seadek as you can see in the picture below. The cut pattern makes it tough to place the platform without hitting a joint. I need the platform to be more towards the back so I have clearance for the trolling motor, and can place the turnbuckle between the design on the deck and the gas cap. I’d like to place it where I show the pvc connectors.

Has anyone else been through this? Is there a way to place some type of filler just in the joint where the front two legs will be? Not sure if I am overthinking this, I just don’t want to compress the seadek at those joints.

White Hood Light Motor vehicle Line

See less See more
#2 ·
Cut out the seadek for the platform feet. You can use sandpaper to smooth the edges of the seadek and give it a more finished look. Will look better than the compressed divots. Alternatively, you could have new pieces cut but that is certainly the expensive way to solve the problem.

#5 ·
Locate the platform to most functional location.
Plum the anchor location, be sure it is a location that does not foul any under deck webs or wires.
If platform legs intersect a seam you can trim the seadec as noted above. This will leave a trip or snag spot.
You can fabricate sleeves with feet that go over the platform legs the slightly larger feet can span the seadec seams. This allows original seadec joint/integration to stay undisturbed. You will gain a wee bit of plat form height and when the platform is removed you seadec is fully functional

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.