Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Carolina Skiff J1450 with a center console, rear deck and front deck that was attached to the Skiff. I live and use the boat mostly in Salt Water and sometimes I put it in the Lake. My first question is that when I stand near the Gunwales, the boat seems a little tippsy. Should I be alarmed by that or is it a natural occurrence on the flat bottom boat. I would like to put on a trolling motor on the bow but would like to know the advantages or disadvantages of Minn Kota vs Motoguide.

I really enjoy the ease of handling the boat but do not like how it lists when I stand near the gunwales. That really worries me. I would like to know what you all think.

I live in Hilton Head and there seems to be a lot of small streams to boat in and that is why I purchased that boat.
Thanks

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have a 16ft CS with casting decks front and rear, center console. Walking around the console does make it lean, but it will only lean so far. It will rock a little more than a V or semi-V, but is very stable.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,085 Posts
I have a Carolina Skiff J1450 with a center console, rear deck and front deck that was attached to the Skiff. I live and use the boat mostly in Salt Water and sometimes I put it in the Lake. My first question is that when I stand near the Gunwales, the boat seems a little tippsy. Should I be alarmed by that or is it a natural occurrence on the flat bottom boat. I would like to put on a trolling motor on the bow but would like to know the advantages or disadvantages of Minn Kota vs Motoguide.

I really enjoy the ease of handling the boat but do not like how it lists when I stand near the gunwales. That really worries me. I would like to know what you all think.

I live in Hilton Head and there seems to be a lot of small streams to boat in and that is why I purchased that boat.
Thanks
Natural occurance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts