Carbon Marine: Yeti Coolers and Flatsboard Dealer

Discussion in 'The Commercial Zone' started by JoeWelbourn, May 1, 2008.

1. JoeWelbourn

JoeWelbourn "The Flats Solicitor"

I am happy to announce Carbon Marine has been selected to be the first, and only, dealer of Yeti coolers (www.yeticoolers.com  and Flatsboards (www.flatsboard.com) in Tampa.

Carbon Marine will stock both product lines beginning May 12, 2008.  Yeti just released the new Tundra line of coolers;  an exceptionally premium cooler.  

Flatsboard offers a carbon fiber version in 8 foot length that weighs 25 lbs.  I felt both products compliment the Carbon Marine product line very well. The Flatboard will use the CastingPillar and TillerPillar as accessories.  I welcome any questions on either new exciting product lines.

On May 12, 2008 Carbon Marine will host a demostration session of the Flatsboard in Tampa.  The tentative location will be Gandy Blvd south beach, Pinellas side.

Please PM, email or call in advance to schedule a demonstration ride.

Float Shallower,
    Joe
    Carbon Marine
    813 928 9887

2. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Re: Carbon Marine: Yeti Coolers and Flatsboard Dea

flatsboard ????

PS, Joe, thanks for the Table, it was a HUGE hit at the tournament! Thank You again.
    Walt

3. skydiver77

skydiver77 Well-Known Member

Re: Carbon Marine: Yeti Coolers and Flatsboard Dea

Keep us posted on the next sea trial of the flatsboard. How do they compare to the flats stalker? I love the idea of a small poling boat.

4. JoeWelbourn

Drew called me today to go to the next step. I have been slammed trying to fill orders and get my new CNC to my shop. What a challenge. I will reply back after I get the CNC here and running.

Float Shallower,
    Joe
    Cm

5. pinfish

pinfish Guest

Joe ,what kind of cnc did you get??Is it a vmc or turning center???Just curious as I have a sickness for servo moters!

6. JoeWelbourn

I bought a Warthog CNC UB400 48x96 work surface with closed loop steppers (they had a new servos to "experiment with" and I am not one to that). I opted for an 8 foot sidewinder indexer in addition for shaping my mandrels and vacuum hold down for my main cutting surface. In the grand world of CNCs, my machine is considered entry level eventhough by the time I get it to my door I will have almost $30,000 invested. I will pick it up June 20 after 2 days of hands-on training in Chattanooga.

As you know an enterprise CNC is easily $200K. I will get that one if a few years ;). Most of my cuttting is FRP and I am not running it 24x7. I should get 5-6 years out of it easily. Cheaper that hiring a staff and much more reliable. I bought the non-drinking model (That is a joke).

Float Shallower,
    Joe
    Cm