Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the tiller extension for my Suzuki 25. The problem I'm having is it's slipping off. no matter how for I seat it down on the throttle and tighten the nuts, it always comes loose. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I have the tiller extension for my Suzuki 25. The problem I'm having is it's slipping off. no matter how for I seat it down on the throttle and tighten the nuts, it always comes loose. Any help would be appreciated.
Call Joe at Carbon Marine. He is a good guy and will surely make your extension right.
813) 284-7040

·
Registered
62 Posts
Couldn't get mine quit tight enough by hand. Used a pair of channel locks. Doesn't move now.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Tennis racket tape comes to mind as maybe something you could put on your tiller handle then slide the extension over it.

O

·
0 Posts
Same story different day did a laser cut to split length of protrusion where fasteners are
located and tap with wooden mallet on tip/end of tiller handle to push on to throttle.
It will not come off even if you pull on it..
Problem solved!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have one for my Suzuki 25 and it fits so good i sometimes have trouble taking it off. I got one of the first new suzuki 25s back in 2014 so Joe drove over to east coast to measure for it at my dock. That said mine doesn't have a switch on it. Doesn't make any difference but I also have a shadowcast 18 :).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have one for my Suzuki 25 and it fits so good i sometimes have trouble taking it off. I got one of the first new suzuki 25s back in 2014 so Joe drove over to east coast to measure for it at my dock. That said mine doesn't have a switch on it. Doesn't make any difference but I also have a shadowcast 18 :).
Did yours have a shifter extension? I'd like to figure that out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts