Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a pole holder and a stainless point for my pole from carbon marine and never received anything. Called and said they would call me back and never did. Emailed, never got a reply. Where do you guys recommend buying a Tibor? Im ready to go!

·
Registered
837 Posts
So I ordered a pole holder and a stainless point for my pole from carbon marine and never received anything. Called and said they would call me back and never did. Emailed, never got a reply. Where do you guys recommend buying a Tibor? Im ready to go!

Check with you local fly shop that carries Tibor.

G

·
Joe is a stand up guy but he’s only one man running a business. I’d suggest giving Carbon Marine another chance and calling him he will come through. I’ve never had a problem with product or service over there.
Always heard that Joe was a stand up guy but this isn't the first time that someone has posted about service issues with as many members Carbon Marine. I hope that Joe realizes that Microskiff has many members and that these posts won't help his bottom line.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I did order some of those Linetamer points and they came right away, so I made another order, then nothing burger. I will try the direct with the Tibor website.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
16,756 Posts
I am sure it is not him but they are all over social media with their silly posts. You might have better luck commenting there.
There’s nothing like trying to call or email a business with no reply but you see them blowing up social media at the same moment. I don’t have time for that BS.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
There’s nothing like trying to call or email a business with no reply but you see them blowing up social media at the same moment.
It's pretty annoying to be charged $18 to ship a push pole point and have it show up a week and half later in a $6 flat rate envelope

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's pretty annoying to be charged $18 to ship a push pole point and have it show up a week and half later in a $6 flat rate envelope
Had a similar experience with a ferrule repair kit. Shipping was almost as much as the kit. I’ve also had similar experiences with ignored emails and calls.

Vendor of last resort these days. Ordered the deck spikes from them because I’m not aware of anyone else that sells them. I love them btw. It took several weeks for them to arrive. I knew not to bother trying to track the order. Just crossed my fingers they would eventually arrive, and they eventually did.

Service was outstanding a decade ago when I ordered my Loop push pole. Still using it today.

Their products are good but hard to purchase.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will say Joe contacted me back and said he is getting it coming. I also watched the Tarponitis videos on the Carbon marine website and they were pretty great. Helps me understand Im not the only one!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.